High Concept and Permissions

  • cybernrd22
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2008
      Hey Everyone, I realize that the Dresden Files game is still very much
      in development, but I'm working on a homebrew, and I'm wondering if
      someone involved in the Dresden playtest could help me a little with
      the idea of the High Concept. If I'm understanding these right, they
      could be a useful tool for modeling a tricky problem in the setting
      we're using. My question is whether or not the High Concept (and the
      Personal Struggle) can be invoked or compelled like an aspect, or if
      the purpose of the High Concept is only to give unity to character
      concept and to power these permission things. I wouldn't mind a little
      explanation on how a permission differs from a stunt.
      Thanks in Advance
      --Nick
    • Renato
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2008
        On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:10 PM, cybernrd22 <cybernrd@...> wrote:

        > we're using. My question is whether or not the High Concept (and the
        > Personal Struggle) can be invoked or compelled like an aspect, or if
        > the purpose of the High Concept is only to give unity to character
        > concept and to power these permission things.

        My understanding from hearing about it on the various podcasts is that
        the High Concept IS the first aspect you write down, and the Personal
        Struggle is the second. So yes, they should be aspects. Also, the high
        concept IIRC is supposed to have an ambivalent nature, so it's perfect
        invoke/compel material.

        --
        Renato Ramonda