Re: [FateRPG] Christmas in Tax Season

  • douglaedtke@att.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
      Curse you Evil Hat-wearing bastards! Adding a spellcraft system... Just when I thought I could resist...
      Just when I finished my own spellcraft hack...
      Fine!
      See if I care.

      Here's my damn money!

      ;)
      Doug, the roving Evil Hat RPG.net proselytute...
      -------------- Original message from Fred Hicks <evilhat@...>: --------------

      Hi folks!

      The upgraded Spirit of the Season is now available for print preorder from IPR.  We'll be shipping around early to mid April.

      http://www.indiepre ssrevolution. com/xcart/ product.php? productid= 16575&cat=0&page=1

      From that page:

      Authors: Chad Underkoffler, Fred Hicks, Daniel Perez
      Format: 72 page digest-sized perfect-bound book PLUS PDF
      Ships: By Mid-April

      The miserly villain Doctor Scrooge hides behind legal technicalities as he steals from the pockets of teh impoverished. .. explorer-gone- mad Jacques Frost preys upon the peoples of the north with his resurrected prehistoric murder monsters... the immortal Baroness Blackheart quests for the Elixir of Life, threatening to destroy all foundations of happiness for mankind... meanwhile Antiochus the Defiler and his spectral Seleucid Squad attack anything sacred or holy...

      ... and it's up to Nick Saint�codename: Secret Santa!�the Reindeer Men, their Chanukah allies, and you to save the holidays from their vile clutches!

      Spirit of the Season is a holiday treat from the minds of Evil Hat Productions and Atomic Sock Monkey Press. Featuring characters and new rules compatible with both Spirit of the Century and Truth & Justice, Spirit of the Season is your ticket to two-fisted holiday pulp adventure!

      Inside you'll find:

      • A bevy of ready-to-roll heroes for holiday-themed one-shots and beyond
      • Five dastardly villains you can harry your characters with no matter the time of year
      • How to create pulp-style characters using Truth & Justice
      • New rules material for Spirit of the Century including Mystic Spellcraft and Companions Reloaded
      • Two heaping handfuls of plot ideas for kicking off two-fisted holiday pulp

      For those who downloaded the free version during Christmas season 2007, this upgraded version contains over 20 pages of new material, including the aforementioned Mystic Spellcraft rules--as well as Empathy-driven minion stunts for heroes!

    • jeepeterson
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2008
        > The upgraded /Spirit of the Season/ is now available for print

        Is there a way for me to get the pdf version only, yet?

        -JEEP
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2008
          jeepeterson wrote:
          The upgraded /Spirit of the Season/ is now available for print

          Is there a way for me to get the pdf version only, yet?
          We're following the Spirit of the Century preorder pattern here: exclusive PDF access only to preorder customers, with the PDF getting released when we have the book actually in print and ready to ship.  So the PDF should become available when we ship in April.

          Fred
        • Hollis McCray
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 14, 2008
            Strange question: Is there a way to order this through my FLGS and
            still get the pdf bonus?

            --
            Hollis McCray
            Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

            Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following
            awesome RPGs:
            Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
            Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
            Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 14, 2008
              Hollis McCray wrote:
              > Strange question: Is there a way to order this through my FLGS and
              > still get the pdf bonus?

              What's your FLGS? Contact me off-list for follow-up.