Re: [FateRPG] Consequence question

  • douglaedtke@att.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
      This does work out supremely nifty if you're using the 2/4/6 version of consequences, though. It has real teeth, 'cause you usually want to spend your consequences to greatest efficiency, which this may prevent.

      -------------- Original message from Fred Hicks <evilhat@...>: --------------

      If a stunt forces you to take a moderate consequence, that consequence slot is "eaten up", but your mild and severe consequence slots are still available.  So if you took a consequence after that, you'd start with the mild one, since that's still available.

      Fred

      David Hoberman wrote:

      Fred, Rob, somebody want to chime in here? Inquiring minds want to know!

      David

      On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:00 PM, gladbaggz <gladbaggz@yahoo. com> wrote:

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups .com, "Esterion" <Esterion@...> wrote:

       > If a stunt forces you to take a moderate consequence instead of a
       mild > one, does the next consequence counts as a mild one or do you
       > immediately take a severe one?

       I have been wondering this same thing, but I didn't see a response
       directed at this particular question.

       A similar situation I have been wondering about is if a character
       takes a mild and a moderate consequence in a conflict, then in a later
       scene this same character has cleared the mild consequence, but still
       has the moderate one, if they were to take a further consequence would
       it be mild or severe?

       I'm wondering mostly in reference to the "Lethal Weapons" stunt. What
       would the point be in forcing a mild consequence to become a moderate
       one if the next consequence inflicted is only going to be mild anyway?

       -gladbaggz

      | Fate * http://www.faterpg. com/
      | SOTC * http://www.evilhat. com/?spirit
      | DFRPG * http://www.dresdenf ilesrpg.com/