Re: Spirit of the Old Republic

  • thelorddiggus
    Message 1 of 90 , Jan 30, 2008

      "Matthijs Krijger" <matthijs.krijger@...> wrote:

      > Yes, you're right, simpler is better.
      > But I just realized that of course a player can just as well use a FP/aspect
      > to gain same bonus, so only use DS again when out of FP..
      > So in order to make it tempting, it should be stackable, using aspect and DS
      > to gain +4.

      j0vin: "I think a key question here is whether the Dark Side rules should
      tempt the characters or tempt the players."

      A very key question.

      My answer would be the characters should be tempted, so the +4 bonus seems a bit too much to me.

      Really all the compel rules are good enough to get someone to consider the Dark without extraneous new mechanics IMHO.

    • thelorddiggus
      Message 90 of 90 , Feb 6, 2008

        <matthijs.krijger@...> wrote:

        > > A very key question.
        > >
        > > My answer would be the characters should be tempted, so the +4 bonus seems
        > > a bit too much to me.
        > >
        > > Really all the compel rules are good enough to get someone to consider the
        > > Dark without extraneous new mechanics IMHO.
        > >
        > > Dont know,
        > what is there then to stop a player from using the force for selfish use
        > constantly. When would he go over to the DS?

        Basically, Lindharin and I disagreed on the need for a Temptation aspect. I like his Darkside stress track idea though.

        Whenever the Force is used with the selfish emotions, they get the +2 bonus and take a Dark side stress, which can go to Dark consequences, which can be compelled to create more emotion, which must be fought with Resolve or more Darkside stress is taken, until you majorly compassionately & selflessly atone it away or you're taken out to the darkside.