Re: Stress boxes and "passive skills"

  • Mark Yeary
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
      Wow... there is really no such thing as a dumb question! Thank you all
      for drilling down on the distinctions between aspect, skill, and
      stunt. I hope some of this makes it into a v3 FAQ.

      - Mark
    • lunch4worms
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008
        --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Hallett" <thriddle@...> wrote:
        > A blacksmith, perhaps, who happens to be more interested in writing
        > poetry.

        Or a blacksmith that is more interested in making fine quality stuff
        than being a brute ;-)

        > Yes, very true. Not quite the same as having "Strong as an Ox" but a
        > low Might, though, is it?
        >
        > Maybe this second category doesn't really exist?

        I was riffing on the idea of an adrenaline burst. I was thinking
        another possibility might be Popeye's spinnach (thoguh it has a more
        stuntish feel to it). Popeye isn't the strongest of men, but when he
        "activates" his spinnach, he can put down Brutus quite handily.

        l4w
      • thelorddiggus
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 1, 2008

          --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "lunch4worms" <peter@...> wrote:

          > I was riffing on the idea of an adrenaline burst. I was thinking
          > another possibility might be Popeye's spinnach (thoguh it has a more
          > stuntish feel to it). Popeye isn't the strongest of men, but when he
          > "activates" his spinnach, he can put down Brutus quite handily.
          >
          > l4w

          Might Stunt: Me Spinach

          Requires One Might Stunt, one Fists Stunt, must have taken a severe consequence, and one aspect gained by surviving a bout of Scurvy.

          You can eat several servings of spinach as a primary action, which erases all stress and heals all consequences. Every consequence you had just before eating the spinach gives you a +1 to Fists, Athletics, and Might rolls when used against the party that gave you the consequences, until you take them out. This bonus is also applied to any roll they make against you as a penalty.

          This stunt may be used once per session. ;;)