Re: [FateRPG] Re: Swords of FATE (Sword & Sorcery via SotC/FATE3)

  • NoiseEHC
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 3, 2007
      If you are planning to differentiate weapon categories then consider one
      of the following alternative rules:
      1. If you have a small weapon (knife) then you cannot defend using the
      Weapons skill against heavy ones (mace) you have to use Athletics instead.
      2. If you have a long reach weapon (polearm) you cannot attack somebody
      who stands in the zone you are in. Or you cannot defend with your weapon
      but can act as a border if your opponent wants to move into your zone.
      3. Of course there can be stunts to negate these rules.
      The point of course is to "model" weapon stats without extra rolls, but
      the real question is why somebody should bring some inferior weapon if
      they never have an advantage?

      Also consider Landon's rules for extra Aspects attached to weapons with
      some free invokes per combat (like "Vorpal").
    • j0vin
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 6, 2008
        Hi folks, just a quick update here because it's been so long.

        I've spent a considerable amount of time compiling and editing the
        chargen, skill and stunt sections of the SRD, but I also want to
        incorporate some of the Livejournal stuff posted by the Evil Hat
        folks. But it's kinda too early to do that. I don't want to publish
        anything in my SRD that the Evil Hat folks will then later have to
        reference in their SRD when Fate 3.0 is dished out. That would just
        be silly.

        So I'm putting this project on hiatus until the Fate 3.0 SRD is
        released, incorporating up to date stuff from the Evil Hat folks that
        they've tossed about up in Livejournal and other places.

        Once Fate 3.0 comes out, I'll come back to this. In the meantime, I
        must admit that with all the time I've spent pouring over Sorcerer &
        Sword that I ended up getting most of the supplements and am happily
        chewing on all of them like a happy puppy. I'll be occupied for some
        time there it appears ... ;^P

        Cheers!