Re: [FateRPG] Re: Swords of FATE (Sword & Sorcery via SotC/FATE3)

  • Chris Cooper
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 3, 2007
      --- j0vin <manveru@...> wrote:
      > That's a great suggestion! The Aspect/Skill/Stunt
      > tree is very
      > practical.

      Thanks.

      I think it's best that players can choose what sort of
      magic they want: spells, freeform, animism and
      spirits, necromancy (eat them, my minions!), or
      whatever

      BoL is on the reference shelf along with
      > the zeFRS Conan.
      > I'm hoping to have a magic section of the SRD that
      > can represent a
      > reasonably wide variety of S&S magic paradigms, and
      > I'm assuming there
      > should be a number of ideas in this section to cover
      > them.

      I would leave it as close to the current mechanics as
      you can with some caveats and guidelines (why I like
      the BoL magic system).

      Cheers,

      Chris.

      Be a better pen pal.
    • j0vin
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 6, 2008
        Hi folks, just a quick update here because it's been so long.

        I've spent a considerable amount of time compiling and editing the
        chargen, skill and stunt sections of the SRD, but I also want to
        incorporate some of the Livejournal stuff posted by the Evil Hat
        folks. But it's kinda too early to do that. I don't want to publish
        anything in my SRD that the Evil Hat folks will then later have to
        reference in their SRD when Fate 3.0 is dished out. That would just
        be silly.

        So I'm putting this project on hiatus until the Fate 3.0 SRD is
        released, incorporating up to date stuff from the Evil Hat folks that
        they've tossed about up in Livejournal and other places.

        Once Fate 3.0 comes out, I'll come back to this. In the meantime, I
        must admit that with all the time I've spent pouring over Sorcerer &
        Sword that I ended up getting most of the supplements and am happily
        chewing on all of them like a happy puppy. I'll be occupied for some
        time there it appears ... ;^P

        Cheers!