PDQ/FATE mashup early play results

  • Bill Burdick
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      We played our third game Tuesday night. We're using the mashup from
      the wiki with Questers of the Middle Realms. Using consequences RAW
      from SotC doesn't seem to blend very well with PDQ; it can draw
      conflicts out a lot. I think consequences add a lot to the story
      though. After a good night's sleep you'll be free of all damage
      according to the Questers RAW. Consequences allow you to carry some
      wounds inspite of this.

      We're going to try something that the Dresden leaks have been talking
      about: consequences that are caused by damage instead of happening in
      lieu of damage. 2/4/6 seems too high a rate for PDQ; maybe 4/8/12?
      The "taken out" consequence will only occur when you zero out a
      quality. Multiple consequences of a given type will be possible and
      result directly from the damage value, rather than bumping up like in
      SotC.

      One way to make things grittier might be to "recharge" consequences
      with free tags under certain conditions. Maybe when you're all
      "healed up" of damage ranks and you enter a new conflict? Not sure
      about that. Also, I'm wondering about the effects of healing
      skills/magic on consequences.

      Bill