Re: Fantasy?

  • Mel White
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 9, 2007
      Hi,
      I'm playing in a fantasy game using SOTC as a base. The game is
      derived from an older D&D campaign, so we're using as aspects
      certain holdovers from the earlier game. Things like character
      class and alignment become aspects, and character 'level' becomes an
      aspect that affects how many times certain stunts can be used. The
      magic system is derived from various SOTC concepts. Summoning
      spirits or creatures is similar to making declarations, with animal
      or spirit companion rules used to define the summoned creature--
      things like that.
      I've posted a podcast with an excerpt of an early game. You can
      find it at Virtual Play (http://virtualplay.podbus.com) if you're
      interested.
      There is also an excerpt from the SOTC game I ran at Origins for a
      more typical SOTC game.
      Mel

      --- In FateRPG@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Skipper" <cam_lists@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey,
      >
      > I'm new to Fate and SotC. I was wondering how well the system
      works for a
      > fantasy style game? Any pointers or magic system suggestions? I
      like the
      > magic systems in the Fate 2.0 rules, but something like the Great
      Library
      > would need lots of work before being usable (I'd think).
      >
      > Anyway, any advice or anecdotes would be greatly apprciated.
      Thanks!

      > Matthew

      > http://liveearth.msn.com

    • Darren Brewster
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 10, 2007
        I have run a successful Iron Kingdoms campaign with SotC. There should
        be threads on here somewhere about them. If you would like me to point
        them out, let me know (I am at work and don't have time to go looking
        right now).