Re: [FateRPG] Re: Meta Aspects

  • Jetan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2007
      I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve.  It looks like "meta-aspects" have so much more impact than normal aspects so as to swamp much of the rest of the mechanics.  Is there any way you could just use the existing mechanics ( e.g., as Bill said, they are just normal campaign aspects).

      On 7/9/07, D Edward Sauve <theprophetking@... > wrote:
      Bill Burdick wrote:
      > To me, the example of spirits is an aspect on the world, not a meta
      > aspect.  The way you describe meta aspects, it sounds like they should
      > have to do with the nature of characters, rather than the environment.
      >  Would something based on the fact that they're pulp heroes, like
      > 'protagonist' or something like that be an example?

      ... Bill, that's Brilliant.

      I need to think on that, but you've just thrown something into sharp
      focus for me about what's going on with that mechanic. I still think
      what I define above is a useful application, but when I draft this for
      the wiki, you're getting a thank you.
      ---
      EDDIE!