28465ENnies voting

  • Jeramy Ware
    Jul 20, 2014
      Voting for the ENnies awards is now live, you can cast your vote here if you are so inclined. Fate is up for a number of awards this year, so be sure and share your support.

      Which, of course, leads me to my own plea for support. When you submit your votes for products, it'll ask you if you'd like to vote for judges. The judges of the ENnies awards are the ones that nominate the products; they need to read everything that is entered during the year, and choose which few will receive the nod. As you can imagine, this has a huge affect on the products you get to vote on and the nature of the awards themselves.

      My name is Jeramy Ware, and for the first time in several years I am running for judge this year. I have served in this role several time in the past, but went back to school recently and simply haven't had the time to devote to it. Now that I'm about to graduate however I have the time to do it right again, and I'd like to give it another go. During my previous terms I advocated for the creation of the podcasting category, and worked to open up the judging and awards process for everyone to see and ask questions. As far as I'm aware I am the only judge who maintains a blog where I discuss the products that I receive, the process that I use, the decisions that I make, and answer questions from fans and publishers. This has lead to endorsements in the past from other judges, and a great many of the publishers that submit to the awards.

      Beyond my judging experience I have 30+ years of gaming under my belt. I run dozens of different systems, and maintain three weekly games as well as more sporadic games online or at conventions. I do my level best to play every single game that is submitted, discuss my impressions, and listen to others when they talk about why they agree or disagree.

      I've been away for a while, and I know I haven't been super active in the last year because of school, but I could really use any support that you're inclined to give. If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer them, please let me know.

      Thanks,
      Jeramy Ware