Re: [Fantasy_Books] daughter of the forest

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
      I really enjoyed Daughter of the Forest. I DID know the fairytale on which
      it is based (the Wild Swans) which is why I picked it up. I struggled
      through the second book of the series and tossed the third (though I did
      finally read it a couple of years later to see how things ended and as a
      stand-alone book it was quite enjoyable).

      The second book does not involve many of the charaters of the first book. In
      fact it continues with characters in subsequent generations. You don't
      really find out what happened to many of the originals - which I personally
      found very dissatisfying. From my recollection, the explanation was that
      some of them went on a journey and were never heard of again!

      What was the name of the last anthology that you read and wouldn't
      recommend?
      Peta