Re: [Fantasy_Books] Tim Powers

  • Richard Claypool
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
      What I like about Power's work is the mixsture of traditional magic and
      occult combined with his unique perspective.
      contact info
      msn tds@...
      skype lord_of_beer
      aim r_claypo
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
        In a message dated 2/5/2007 8:22:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
        petas@... writes:

        I've forgotten most of it but I'm pretty sure it had
        zombie pirates.

        OOOH, the horror lover in me is perking up over here. A mixture of fantasy
        and horror? My kind of book.

        Pam from Texas
        So many books and emails
        So little time

      • William C. Garthright
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
          > I've forgotten most of it but I'm pretty sure it had zombie pirates.
          >

          > OOOH, the horror lover in me is perking up over here. A mixture of fantasy and horror? My kind of book.

          If you like zombies, I've got to recommend "World War Z: An Oral History
          of the Zombie War" (2006) by Max Brooks. I couldn't put it down. It is,
          however, written more like science fiction than fantasy, and in an
          unusual style, at that. As the subtitle indicates, it's written as a
          series of short interviews with eye-witness testimony of the zombie
          outbreak that nearly wiped out all civilization on Earth. But don't let
          that stop you. I couldn't put the book down. It's amazingly realistic,
          and very gripping, too.

          "I wonder what sort of a little boy you were," she said, musingly. "Not
          much of a sort," Mr. Topper admitted. "A pretty poor type of little boy.
          I mussed around a lot and didn't go right or wrong. I guess I must have
          been rather an unofficial little boy." - "Topper" by Thorne Smith