The Fisherman's Son Audio Book 20% Off until December 31

  • Marilyn Peake
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2006
      The Fisherman's Son Audio Book - 20% Off Until December 31st

      Beautiful children's story filled with hope and wonder now available as a
      professionally produced audio book. Reduced 20% on Fictionwise.com until
      December 31st.

      Free audio excerpt and reduced book price available here:

      Reviews of The Fisherman's Son:

      PIERS ANTHONY, best-selling science fiction and fantasy author:
      "Now I have read The Fisherman's Son. This is a nice children's fantasy,
      grounded in realism. Even the fantastic element is realistic, in that the
      dolphin doesn't abridge the rules just for convenience; the right
      introduction has to be made."

      JAMES A. COX, Editor-in-Chief of the MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW:
      "The Fisherman's Son is a delightful and colorfully narrated tale which
      documents Marilyn Peake as a story teller of considerable narrative skill."

      ARMAND ROSAMILIA at EpicSFF.com:
      "The Fisherman's Son by Marilyn Peake. I love reading children's novels now
      that I have small children of my own. This is actually two positive reviews
      in one, as my son has read this book twice and I had to give up my copy to

      SHARON SCHULZ-ELSING, Contributing Editor of "Curled Up with a Good Book"
      "Marilyn Peake's first fantasy novel for young readers, The Fisherman's Son,
      calls to mind all the mystery and wonder of Orson Scott Card's earlier
      mythological works such as Hart's Hope or Seventh Son in its quest-style
      tale, and in its evocative descriptions of a place much like early
      nineteenth-century Ireland comes close to the lush and luminous visual
      treatment of John Sayles' magical film The Secret of Roan Innish..."

      TRACY FARNSWORTH for RoundTableReviews.com:
      "Marilyn Peake launches her debut with a fast paced offering that contains
      excellent imagery amidst a coming of age story. THE FISHERMAN'S SON shows
      that she is an author to watch as her writing further develops in future

      BEVERLY J. ROWE for MyShelf.com:
      "The author's descriptions of the underwater world are exhilarating as Wiley
      traverses the depths and meets up with wonderful undersea creatures and the
      fearsome dragon-beast that guards the entrance to the village.

      "This book would be a great read-aloud project for the whole family. The
      characters are compelling, and the multilevel plot will hold the interest of
      even reluctant readers."

      Happy Holidays,
      Marilyn Peake