Re: Just discovered a new author!!!

  • Wildfire
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2006
      --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <pauliree@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I don't remember how recent she is but I found an author just recently
      > published here in Australia called Naomi Novik. She has three books
      > published as far as I am aware and they are just up my alley. They
      > are called Temeraire and the other two's titles escape me just now but
      > if you like historical fiction this is for you. They are set in the
      > Napoleonic era during the war between England and France and an
      > unsuspecting captain of the british navy boards a French ship and they
      > discover a dragon egg. He has to join the aerial corps then and his
      > adventures begin. I love the fact that dragons are just taken for
      > granted but there doesn't seem to be too many other mythical creatures
      > aside from sea serpents which can be seen to be water dragons. There
      > is no other sign of magic or anything and it is all about air and sea
      > battle tactics. Great Fun!!
      >
      > Paula

      Their called His Majesty's Dragon,Throne of Jade,and Black Powder War.
      Temeraire i think is the name of the ship(or the Dragon??)..
      Peter Jackson has an option on them but i dont think they will get
      made for a while as he is very very busy
      wildfire
    • margaret mcgee
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2006
        hi
        i have to agree about Tad Williams but i also like david drake and sarah ash
        has anyone read any Dave Duncan
        bw
        margaret
        cumbria
        uk

        Windows Live´┐Ż Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!