Lloyd Alexander Re: [Fantasy_Books] Children's fantasy

  • Q
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2006
      OOOOOOH, you just mentioned one
      of my favorite authors.
      Lloyds Alexander's "Book of Three" was
      the book that got me hooked on fantasy for life.
      I was 6 or 7 and my mom read it to me a chapter at a time. It and the rest
      of the Prydain Chronicles that follow, are a good read for any age.

      And by the way...parents, read to your kids, even
      after they can read on their own!! It is such a special thing you can share
      with them. My mother read to me every night until I was 10 and already
      tackling The Lord of the Rings by day!
      I will always thank her for that.

      Quenby in Tokyo, whose six year old son is more into dinosaurs than dragons
      and castles but
      I'm still hoping....
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2006
        I have on audio the classic chronicles that he did as well as other stuff
        such as the iron ring. I wish I would have known about his material when I
        was a child, I would have enjoyed it then as I do now.

        Rick