Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: New to the group.

  • Richard Claypool
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2006
      Hi,

      I like some of those authors, but i tend to like the more original views of
      magic and world building. Clive barker and Tim Powers come to mind as two
      examples.

      I'd love to read some of your work when and if you have it published. I'm
      blind, so either in e text or on audio is really the only way I can read a
      lot of books. The end result is that a lot of the lesser known work and
      even some of the not so obscure glides right by me.

      Rick

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 29, 2006
        <bellevue.bat@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I like some of those authors, but i tend to like the more original
        views of
        > magic and world building. Clive barker and Tim Powers come to mind
        as two
        > examples.
        >
        > I'd love to read some of your work when and if you have it
        published. I'm
        > blind, so either in e text or on audio is really the only way I can
        read a
        > lot of books. The end result is that a lot of the lesser known
        work and
        > even some of the not so obscure glides right by me.
        >
        > Rick

        With the exception of Weis they all created the worlds they wrote
        most of their fantasy in. And Weis created some of the fantasy worlds
        she wrote for as well(deathgate cycle for instance)
      • Gloria
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4 4:22 AM
          If you need audio books and can do MP3's, there's a free site called
          www.podiobooks.com. They take donations and have links for purchase of the
          real books, but all the MP3's are free.
          I've been doing "In the Service of Samurai" there. They are a nice bunch of
          folks.

          Gloria Oliver
          www.gloriaoliver.com
          Unveiling the Fantastic