Regional dragons

  • gcgustopher
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2006
      Different cultures have different dragons. They have different shapes, different powers and
      different characters. For example, most asian dragons are immortals. They don't have wings
      but can still fly. They are usally the gods of the sea. Most western dragons belong to magical
      animals. They have wings like bats'. They are mostly hostile toward human.
      Does anyone know whether native indians worships dragons?

      Chris

      360.yahoo.com/ gcgustopher
    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2006
        I don't know about worshipping dragons, but I know there are dragonlike
        figures in Native American lore. Very few stories when compaired with
        the rest of the world. I think they are usually depicted as serpents of
        some sort, evil and/or dangerous. Theres some story about a small
        horned serpent that can shape-change into larger serpents I think. I
        believe there are a few stories of Coyote or some other magical being
        killing a giant water serpent?
        I'm sure I could find some more information in my lore books. Let me
        know. :)
        Jennifer

        ________________________________

        Different cultures have different dragons. They have different shapes,
        different powers and
        different characters. For example, most asian dragons are immortals.
        They don't have wings
        but can still fly. They are usally the gods of the sea. Most western
        dragons belong to magical
        animals. They have wings like bats'. They are mostly hostile toward
        human.
        Does anyone know whether native indians worships dragons?

        Chris

        360.yahoo.com/ gcgustopher

      • christopher Geszvain
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2006
          That would be great. Thanks

          --- Jennifer <jen@...> wrote:

          > I don't know about worshipping dragons, but I know
          > there are dragonlike
          > figures in Native American lore. Very few stories
          > when compaired with
          > the rest of the world. I think they are usually
          > depicted as serpents of
          > some sort, evil and/or dangerous. Theres some story
          > about a small
          > horned serpent that can shape-change into larger
          > serpents I think. I
          > believe there are a few stories of Coyote or some
          > other magical being
          > killing a giant water serpent?
          > I'm sure I could find some more information in my
          > lore books. Let me
          > know. :)
          > Jennifer

          Chris

          My Blog: 360.yahoo.com/gcgustopher

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Gloria & John Oliver
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
            Hm, not as far as I know. Interesting idea though!

            Gloria Oliver
            www.gloriaoliver.com
            Unveiling the Fantastic