Re: [Fantasy_Books] Eragon

  • BONNIE BROYLES
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2006
      I really enjoyed Eragon, I have not read the second book, But I loved the first, It was a great story, and I think it would make a good movie, my husband also loved the first book, so did my mom. And two of our teenage boy neighbors also read it and loved it.
      But We have all found it hard to get into the second book.
      Bonnie

      william@... wrote:
      On 16 Sep 2006 at 15:14, Scott McCombs wrote:

      > I just found out tthey are making a film from this book and I was
      > wondering how good it is? I always compare any books I read to 3
      > authors Edding Tolken and Salvatore. If anyony has read Eragon and can
      > Give me some advive I would like to hear it.

      I've not read the book (mainly because I've read quite a few poor reviews about it), but I
      did see the trailer online recently [1] and I wasn't too impressed. It seems extremely
      generic and some of the acting seemed a bit poor. It might well be watchable and
      reasonably entertaining but I can't imagine it being the new "Lord of the Rings".

      [1] Trailer here: http://movies.aol.com/movie-trailer-clip/eragon-ed-speleers-jeremy-irons

      --
      William Marnoch
      william@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2006
        The film posters are up at our local cinema. Jeremy Irons is in it. My 13
        year old loved Eragon and Eldest. The author started it when he was 16 -
        Christopher Paolini (? sp). It is not the best thing I have read but it is
        still an engaging read and has a good plot so the movie should be pretty
        good.

        >I just found out tthey are making a film from this book and I was
        > wondering how good it is? I always compare any books I read to 3
        > authors Edding Tolken and Salvatore. If anyony has read Eragon and can
        > Give me some advive I would like to hear it.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Phoebe Matthews
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2008
          Ever read Eragon aloud with a group? This is turning into a fun party entertainment - okay,
          they were in a bar so maybe the atmosphere is what made this fun.
          http://phoebematthews.com