New to the group.

  • haldaver
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 14, 2006
      Greetings I am very new to this group and just wanted to say hello to
      you all.
    • Gloria & John Oliver
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2006
        Welcome aboard, Haldaver!

        Gloria Oliver
        www.gloriaoliver.com
        Unveiling the Fantastic

        Greetings I am very new to this group and just wanted to say hello to
        you all.

      • Richard Claypool
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 16, 2006
          Hi,

          What kinds of fantasy do you enjoy reading?

          Rick
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 29, 2006
            --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, Richard Claypool
            <bellevue.bat@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > What kinds of fantasy do you enjoy reading?
            >
            > Rick

            I read by author mostly. John Ringo, Raymond Feist, Margarat Weis,
            Robert Jordan, Lynn Flewelling. My real passion though is writing
            fantasy not reading it, main reason i'm here to observe what the
            readers want so I can adjust accordingly.
          • Richard Claypool
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 29, 2006
              Hi,

              I like some of those authors, but i tend to like the more original views of
              magic and world building. Clive barker and Tim Powers come to mind as two
              examples.

              I'd love to read some of your work when and if you have it published. I'm
              blind, so either in e text or on audio is really the only way I can read a
              lot of books. The end result is that a lot of the lesser known work and
              even some of the not so obscure glides right by me.

              Rick

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2006
                <bellevue.bat@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I like some of those authors, but i tend to like the more original
                views of
                > magic and world building. Clive barker and Tim Powers come to mind
                as two
                > examples.
                >
                > I'd love to read some of your work when and if you have it
                published. I'm
                > blind, so either in e text or on audio is really the only way I can
                read a
                > lot of books. The end result is that a lot of the lesser known
                work and
                > even some of the not so obscure glides right by me.
                >
                > Rick

                With the exception of Weis they all created the worlds they wrote
                most of their fantasy in. And Weis created some of the fantasy worlds
                she wrote for as well(deathgate cycle for instance)
              • Gloria
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2006
                  If you need audio books and can do MP3's, there's a free site called
                  www.podiobooks.com. They take donations and have links for purchase of the
                  real books, but all the MP3's are free.
                  I've been doing "In the Service of Samurai" there. They are a nice bunch of
                  folks.

                  Gloria Oliver
                  www.gloriaoliver.com
                  Unveiling the Fantastic