Suggestions Please!!

  • Paula
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006
      Hi guys,

      I am currently on the organising committee of the 2007 Natcon being held
      in Melbourne Australia next year. We are looking for ideas for one more
      guest author and I would love to hear your suggestions on someone you
      would love to see. Please be aware we are limited in budget (as all fan
      cons are) so if your suggestions could be realistic and not fantastical
      (unlike what we all love to read) The theme of our convention is Young
      Adult Fiction but the guest does not necessarily have to have written in
      that genre as our other guests certainly qualify in that field. If you
      love Isobelle Carmody she is our main guest along with Margaret Mahy, a
      veteren of YA fiction. If you would like to know more about the
      convention please visit us at www.natcon.org.au/2007/
      <http://www.natcon.org.au/2007/> we would love to have you along. I
      would love to hear your suggestions as we seem to be coming up with all
      the same authors that are guests every year and we would like someone
      different.

      Hoping to hear from you

      Paula

    • karl barnes
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006
        How about Garth Nix? Isn't he a native of Austrailia?

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006
          Or Fiona McIntosh- I only recently found her books, but I love her
          stuff.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006
            Definitely invite Emily Rodda - I think she lives in Melbourne ???? She
            wrote the Deltora series and the Rohan of Rinn books amongst many others.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006
              > How about Garth Nix? Isn't he a native of Austrailia?

              Yes, definitely Garth Nix!!