RE: [Fantasy_Books] On the subject of trilogies... ...

  • Gloria & John Oliver
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
      Hm depends on the writer to be honest. Some can pull it off, others can't.
      Loved Tad William's River series and it ran for 5 thick books. Also reading
      the Midnight Louie Mysteries which while each book's murder gets solved, has
      several running story lines which get concluded at different times. She
      says she will write 26 of these! lol. Also reading Weather Warden series
      which is up to 5 books now, and she comes up with something new each time.

      Gloria

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
        I agree - some worlds I enjoy so much that I will jump back in given any
        excuse. I love Anne McCaffrey's Pern.The last few books haven't been much
        chop plot-wise - but it's still Pern. I also love Feist's Midkemia and I
        wish the Empire series had gone longer than three books. I am glad Donaldson
        is doing a third series about Thomas Covenant - I love the Land. I also like
        to visit Katharine Kerr's Deverry and George RR Martin's Westeros.

        > Hm depends on the writer to be honest. Some can pull it off, others
        > can't.
        > Loved Tad William's River series and it ran for 5 thick books. Also
        > reading
        > the Midnight Louie Mysteries which while each book's murder gets solved,
        > has
        > several running story lines which get concluded at different times. She
        > says she will write 26 of these! lol. Also reading Weather Warden series
        > which is up to 5 books now, and she comes up with something new each time.
        >
        > Gloria

      • Richard Claypool
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
          I've read several of Feist's books, but havn't been able to get the empire
          series.
          I've read the riftwar and the serpantwar sagas. He had a new series out in
          that world .. well, kinda new, but I've not read it yet.

          Rick