Re: Bartimaeus Trilogy/Eldest

  • Dan Gimness
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 10, 2006
      I kept falling asleep reading Eldest... : ) talk about stimulating.
      I think my biggest frustration with Eldest is having the dwarves
      talk in another language in sections of the book. Usually you would
      have a race talk in a different language and then they would talk in
      English later on...

      There was also too much exposition; I don't want something described
      in minute detail to me. The reader should be able to form a "mind
      image" of the scene as well.

      -Dan

      --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <jen@...> wrote:

      > I enjoyed Eldest quite a bit. Of course, I also thought Eragon
      and Eldest were much better than The Amulet of Samarkand. I guess
      it depends on each person's tastes and preferences.