Re: Bartimaeus Trilogy/Eldest

  • Sheelagh
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16, 2006
      I haven't tried the Barimaeus Trilogy yet, but will admit to an
      addition to the Artemis Fowl series. Just something about them
      captures my imagination.

      Sheelagh
    • Dan Gimness
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10, 2006
        I kept falling asleep reading Eldest... : ) talk about stimulating.
        I think my biggest frustration with Eldest is having the dwarves
        talk in another language in sections of the book. Usually you would
        have a race talk in a different language and then they would talk in
        English later on...

        There was also too much exposition; I don't want something described
        in minute detail to me. The reader should be able to form a "mind
        image" of the scene as well.

        -Dan

        --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <jen@...> wrote:

        > I enjoyed Eldest quite a bit. Of course, I also thought Eragon
        and Eldest were much better than The Amulet of Samarkand. I guess
        it depends on each person's tastes and preferences.