The Bartimaeus Trilogy

  • thorcory
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2006
      I started reading the The Bartimaeus Trilogy with some doubt since I
      am 28 years of age and the fact that these books are for young adults,
      but I got to say its a close second to the Harry Potter books. It is a
      about a kid and a demon, and the demon is hilarious
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19, 2006
        >I started reading the The Bartimaeus Trilogy with some doubt since I
        > am 28 years of age and the fact that these books are for young adults,
        > but I got to say its a close second to the Harry Potter books. It is a
        > about a kid and a demon, and the demon is hilarious

        My 12 year old finds the most wonderful books - I too enjoyed the Bartimaeus
        trilogy (Amulet of Samarkand etc) as well as Eragon and Eldest, (written by
        a teenager - what talent can't wait to see the movie with my son!) Artemis
        Fowl and series by Jenny Nimmo and Garth Nix. If you haven't read Abhorsen,
        give it a go!

        Peta
      • Jen Silva
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20, 2006
          I am new to this group so I'm not sure if its ok to replay. I am 32 years old and I still enjoy reading young adult books. I enjoy them because they generally are larger print and have simple straightforward language. I don't always need big words to keep me interested. I am currently reading Eldest, the second book in the Inheritance trilogy by Christopher Paolini. I really enjoyed the first, Eragon but I am having some trouble keeping on track with this one. I am finding it slow and too long winded so I must concentrate to stay focused here.

          Peta Smith <petas@...> wrote:
          >I started reading the The Bartimaeus Trilogy with some doubt since I
          > am 28 years of age and the fact that these books are for young adults,
          > but I got to say its a close second to the Harry Potter books. It is a
          > about a kid and a demon, and the demon is hilarious

          My 12 year old finds the most wonderful books - I too enjoyed the Bartimaeus
          trilogy (Amulet of Samarkand etc) as well as Eragon and Eldest, (written by
          a teenager - what talent can't wait to see the movie with my son!) Artemis
          Fowl and series by Jenny Nimmo and Garth Nix. If you haven't read Abhorsen,
          give it a go!

          ---------------------------------

        • Gloria & John Oliver
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23, 2006
            A lot of YA books can be enjoyed by adults and not just kids. Diane Gwynn
            Jones and Bruce Coville are both great YA authors that can easily cross the
            boundary.

            Gloria Oliver
            www.gloriaoliver.com
            Unveiling the Fantastic

            I started reading the The Bartimaeus Trilogy with some doubt since I
            am 28 years of age and the fact that these books are for young adults,
            but I got to say its a close second to the Harry Potter books. It is a
            about a kid and a demon, and the demon is hilarious

            Service.

          • margaret mcgee
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26, 2006
              hi
              Philip Reeve is also a good read although meant for a younger age group

              margaret