RE: [Fantasy_Books] Digest Number 1427

  • Jennifer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 6:25 AM
      I was looking through my database and it turns out the only Yarbo books
      I have so far are The Angry Angel and A Mortal Glamour. Should I start
      with one of these or find a different book of hers?

      I also have Karen E. Taylor, Susan Sizemore (Laws of the Blood), Fred
      Saberhagen, Michael Romkey, Jeanne Kalogridis, Elaine Bergstrom and a
      few others in my TBR pile. There are nearly as many books in my TBR
      pile as there are in my Keeper Shelves, but I'm a mood reader of most
      genres, so I have an excuse, hah.

      Ack...word count slashing. It happens to the best of them, doesn't it?
      I'm always coming across great authors whose books obviously shoulve
      been allowed to go twice as long and mediocre authors whose books should
      have been reduced to a third! :)

      Jen

      -
      On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:23:53 EST ethiercn@... wrote:
      Subject: Re: Re:Count St. Germain was laura k hamilton...s

      Sorry I misnamed the best book in the Count series. Its not PAth of the
      eclipse. Its Tempting Fate. This year's book isn't quite as good (not
      that's
      bad) because the publisher made her cut down on her word count so the
      book would be a certain size because of shelf space (this is happening
      to many books apparently). The weakest book in the series is the first
      one, Hotel Transyvania.
      It is very much a 70s gothic romance.

      Chris