Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: laura k hamilton...and other vampire books

  • BONNIE BROYLES
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hey This is a discussion group, a place to voice your personal opinion, there is no reason for anyone to tell another person that there opinion is wrong in anyway. No one is getting up in arms about anything.

      ethiercn@... wrote: In a message dated 2/28/2006 4:54:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      miladydi@... writes:
      Um - If we are going to get all up in arms about a writer's writing,
      we might want to get her name right - Laurell K Hamiliton.

      We must also remember that vampires, since the Haunted Summer when
      John Polidori got his little hands one them, have always been about
      sex.

      My objection was to the LACK of plot (or what I see as a lack of plot) not
      the sex. You can have sex and plot (Kushiel series, Sonja Blue, Kim Newman,
      Bergstorm, Tanith Lee) but I don't think that the later Blake books (at least
      Sins and Chains) don't have much of a plot.

      Chris

      ---------------------------------

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2006
        Didn't mean to imply or say that anyone else's opinion was wrong.

        Sorry.

        Chris

        miladydi@... writes:
        Um - If we are going to get all up in arms about a writer's writing,
        we might want to get her name right - Laurell K Hamiliton.

        We must also remember that vampires, since the Haunted Summer when
        John Polidori got his little hands one them, have always been about
        sex.

        My objection was to the LACK of plot (or what I see as a lack of plot) not
        the sex. You can have sex and plot (Kushiel series, Sonja Blue, Kim Newman,
        Bergstorm, Tanith Lee) but I don't think that the later Blake books (at least
        Sins and Chains) don't have much of a plot.

        Chris

        ---------------------------------

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • BONNIE BROYLES
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 1, 2006
          I wasn't talking about you chris!! The other person, sorry should have made that more clear.

          ethiercn@... wrote: Didn't mean to imply or say that anyone else's opinion was wrong.

          Sorry.

          Chris

          miladydi@... writes:
          Um - If we are going to get all up in arms about a writer's writing,
          we might want to get her name right - Laurell K Hamiliton.

          We must also remember that vampires, since the Haunted Summer when
          John Polidori got his little hands one them, have always been about
          sex.

          My objection was to the LACK of plot (or what I see as a lack of plot) not
          the sex. You can have sex and plot (Kushiel series, Sonja Blue, Kim Newman,
          Bergstorm, Tanith Lee) but I don't think that the later Blake books (at least
          Sins and Chains) don't have much of a plot.

          Chris

          ---------------------------------

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report

          ---------------------------------

        • Gloria & John Oliver
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 3, 2006
            I write books and have published 2 with Zumaya Publications, and have 2 more
            slated for release - Cross-eyed Dragon Troubles from HardShell Word Factory
            in 2006, and Willing Sacrifice from Zumaya in 2007. Also have several
            stories out in anthologies.

            Gloria Oliver
            www.gloriaoliver.com
            Fantasy Novels

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 7, 2006
              Hi, Margaret,

              I have a trilogy of children's fantasy adventure books published by
              Double Dragon Publishing: The Fisherman's Son, The City of the
              Golden Sun, and Return of the Golden Age. Recently, The Fisherman's
              Son was also produced as an audio book by a professional audio
              production company, and is read by the voice actor Andrew Dollar. I
              also have a short story entitled "Dragon Fire" published in
              the "Illuminated Manuscripts" Anthology at DDP. I'm delighted to
              announce that I and four other authors were also given our own
              Imprint at DDP called DDP POD RADIO - This is a series of 30 audio
              classes for writers about writing and book promotion. We've
              completed 5 of the 30 audio classes so far (the first one is free in
              MP3 format at DDP), and plan to produce 3 more audio classes every
              month until the series is complete. I've also had poetry published
              on the Internet and placed in the Top Ten for both Poet and Poem in
              the most recent Preditors & Editors Reader's Poll. And, sometime
              after this month, I'll have three more short stories published in a
              new DDP anthology entitled "Twisted Tails".
              More information is available on my website:
              http://www.marilynpeake.com
              DDP POD RADIO:
              http://tinyurl.com/aywa8
              The Fisherman's Son Audio Book:
              http://tinyurl.com/b4o93

              Cheers,
              Marilyn Peake

              --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "margaret mcgee"
              <margaret5871@...> wrote:

              > just wondering if any of you write books as well as reading them
              >
              > margaret mcgee
            • margaret mcgee
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 8, 2006
                dear marylin
                i have read your three books and wonderful they were too. i also subscribe
                to your newsletter. i didnt know you were part of this group though
                nice talking to you

                margaret mcgee

                http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters
              • Marilyn Peake
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 8, 2006
                  Hi, Margaret,

                  Your email made my entire day! Thank you very, very much! Can I ask
                  you how you heard about my books?

                  Thanks So Much,
                  Marilyn
                  http://www.marilynpeake.com

                  <margaret5871@...> wrote:

                  > dear marylin
                  > i have read your three books and wonderful they were too. i also
                  subscribe to your newsletter. i didnt know you were part of this group
                  though nice talking to you

                  > margaret mcgee
                • margaret mcgee
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 9, 2006
                    hi marylin

                    i happened to see one on prominante display at our local library so has i
                    hadnt read any thing by you and i like to try new authors i gave it a go ,
                    liked it so much that i went out and bought the others. my 11 year old son
                    id also just beginning to read you. i will let you know what he says when he
                    has finished.
                    he has been reading books for quite a while but has just now got into
                    fantasy ( my influence do you think )
                    anyway the reason i was asking is i am currently trying to write and
                    wondered if others did the same

                    all the best

                    margaret mcgee

                    >From: "Marilyn Peake" <marilynpeake@...>
                    >To: Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [Fantasy_Books] Re: writing
                    >Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:45:30 -0000
                    >

                    >Hi, Margaret,
                    >

                    >Your email made my entire day!� Thank you very, very much!� Can I ask
                    >
                    >you how you heard about my books?
                    >

                    >Thanks So Much,
                    >
                    >Marilyn
                    >
                    >http://www.marilynpeake.com
                    >

                    >--- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "margaret mcgee"
                    >
                    ><margaret5871@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > > dear marylin
                    >
                    > > i have read your three books and wonderful they were too. i also
                    >
                    >subscribe to your newsletter. i didnt know you were part of this group
                    >
                    >though nice talking to you
                    >

                    > > margaret mcgee

                    > Writing book
                    >

                    > Writing a book
                    >

                    > Writing child book
                    >

                    > Book writing software
                    >

                    > Science fiction and fantasy
                    >

                    > Writing a book report

                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                    >

                    > �Visit your group "Fantasy_Books" on the web.
                    >�
                    >�

                    http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/
                  • Marilyn Peake
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 9, 2006
                      Hi, Margaret,

                      Your news is very, very exciting to me! I'd love to hear what your
                      son thinks of the books. And all the best with your own writing!

                      Best Wishes,
                      Marilyn
                      http://www.marilynpeake.com