Re: laura k hamilton

  • Lynne M Ramsdell
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 27, 2006
      Yep. Both the Anita Blake and Merry Gentry series. I wish the Anita
      Blake books would get back to the more mystery and less sex mode they
      were in in the first books.

      Thialynne

      --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "mrgrt_mcgee" <margaret5871@...>

    • ethiercn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 27, 2006
        In a message dated 2/27/2006 9:40:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        chica_bro@... writes:
        people who feel the same way, with the soft porn, and not so great plots. But
        I loved the different turns in the series, I think it helps that I read
        everybook back to back, in a couple months last year. But I think the books are
        worth reading, there very entertaining.

        Everyone has different tastes. I respect yours. I was just wondering what
        your take on it was. Didn't mean to sound superior or snide.

        :)

        Chris

      • blackash
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 27, 2006
          ethiercn@... wrote:

          >In a message dated 2/26/2006 2:04:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          >margaret5871@... writes:
          >
          >has anybody read any of her books. thanks
          >
          >margaret mcgee

          I've read all the Anita Blake Series. The books are good to read but by
          the 4th book, I found that I could enjoy the books if I prtented that
          they were one and onlys and not one of a series. I do like the Merry
          books but they more bed plots that much else.
          Shade and Sweet Water
          Blackash
        • BONNIE BROYLES
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 28, 2006
            No you didn't sound superior or snide at all, thats why I put in there that I have read reviews from other people that said the same thing you did. She just battles with herself so much in the later books, I dont think she knows what to do, even she doesn't care for who she(anita) is becoming in the later books, but she has herself in such a mess, I think shes trying hard to accept who she really is. But even my mom who loved these books, I think she got bored of them in the end, and didn't read the very last books, So I know people who feel both ways.

            chica_bro@... writes:
            people who feel the same way, with the soft porn, and not so great plots. But
            I loved the different turns in the series, I think it helps that I read
            everybook back to back, in a couple months last year. But I think the books are
            worth reading, there very entertaining.

            Everyone has different tastes. I respect yours. I was just wondering what
            your take on it was. Didn't mean to sound superior or snide.

            :)

            Chris

            Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report