Re: "Firefly" Shows

  • Marilyn Peake
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hi, Gloria,

      That must have been wonderful to see the "Firefly" people in person!
      Did you meet the writers or the actors? That's a real shame that the
      episodes got such bad treatment on TV. I can't think of when I last
      saw a show with such incredible visual artistry and great writing!

      Best Wishes,
      Marilyn
      http://www.marilynpeake.com

      --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Gloria & John Oliver"
      <gioliver@s...> wrote:

      >> The show is FAB! Got a bad treatment on TV as they were shown not
      only7 out of order but not all the episodes aired. And they put it
      on Friday which is normally a kiss of death right off. Fans pushed
      it and DVD sales were through the roof, and that's how Joss was able
      to show that a movie would do well at the theaters.

      >> Love those guys. Seen them in person a few times and they really
      are like a big family.
    • Gloria & John Oliver
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2006
        Got to see both Joss Whedon, the creator main writer, and all of the acting
        cast! At DragonCon 4 of the cast showed and at one point over the weekend I
        was 5 feet away from Jayne! Heee. Nice bunch of folks. The whole audience
        even sang the Hero of Canton Jayne song. :P

        <gioliver@s...> wrote:

        >> The show is FAB! Got a bad treatment on TV as they were shown not
        only7 out of order but not all the episodes aired. And they put it
        on Friday which is normally a kiss of death right off. Fans pushed
        it and DVD sales were through the roof, and that's how Joss was able
        to show that a movie would do well at the theaters.

        >> Love those guys. Seen them in person a few times and they really
        are like a big family.

        Service.

      • Marilyn Peake
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2006
          Hi, Gloria,

          Lucky you! That's absolutely awesome!!!!

          <gioliver@...> wrote:

          > Got to see both Joss Whedon, the creator main writer, and all of the
          acting cast! At DragonCon 4 of the cast showed and at one point over
          the weekend I was 5 feet away from Jayne! Heee. Nice bunch of folks.
          The whole audience even sang the Hero of Canton Jayne song. :P
        • nightwares Books
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2006
            On Jan 29, 2006, at 8:09 PM, Marilyn Peake wrote:

            > Last week, I saw the 2-hour pilot episode for "Firefly" on DVD, and
            > then started watching the series. Wow! I love it! I'm so
            > disappointed that only 14 episodes were made.:( I liked the
            > movie, "Serenity" that was based on "Firefly"; but I'm even more
            > impressed by "Firefly"!

            _Firefly_ rocked tha' hizzouse. I loved it and knew right away it was
            doomed; the show had verve, intelligence and was generally far too good
            a production to live long on Fox.

            Alas.

            But happy you, you get to enjoy the discs over and over. And for those
            who haven't got it yet, the DVD set absolutely is worth acquiring. It
            reminds me quite strongly of a Bandai anime called _Cowboy Bebop_, if
            that helps anyone get a handle on what the series is about. (Or if
            anyone's looking for recommends of a _Firefly_ flavor but in a very
            different genre.)

            --
            Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
            <http://books.nightwares.com/>