Re: [Fantasy_Books] name your a classic book

  • Ken Ogilvy
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 8, 2005
      --- Ken Ogilvy <kogilvy1@...> wrote:

      > I have to agree, Sword of Shannara is a LOTR clone,
      > but with that
      > said he evolved as a writer and now I don't think
      > his
      > world of Shannara is his own.

      I really really have to check my writing

      I beleive I should have said

      I have to agree, Sword of Shannara is a LOTR clone,
      but with that said he evolved as a writer and now I
      think
      his world of Shannara is his own.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Quashnick
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 20, 2005
        I would say the obligatory LOTR. I would also add that George R. R.
        Martin's incomplete series "A Song of Ice and Fire" will be a classic.
      • karl barnes
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 21, 2005
          I loved E. R. Eddison's "The Worm Ourborus".

          Quashnick <quashnsa@...> wrote: I would say the obligatory LOTR. I would also add that George R. R.
          Martin's incomplete series "A Song of Ice and Fire" will be a classic.

          Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Science fiction and fantasy Writing a book report

        • craigherbertson
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 2, 2007
            E. R. Eddison's "The Worm Ourborus" and his other three marvellous
            works stand out. Even less well known is the welsh author Kenneth
            Morris. Book of Three Dragons - short but really fantastic