RE: [Fantasy_Books] New member

  • Ken Ogilvy
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 30, 2005
      --- "davedonovan@..."
      <davedonovan@...> wrote:

      > Anyone read Straken by Terry Brooks yet? I'm about a
      > third through it and I think it's better so far than
      > both Jarka Rus and Tanequil. I think it will finish
      > up this part of the series nicely.---Dave

      I picked it up this week but need to read the other
      two first. I will probably read them all this winter

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Leigh Wood
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 23, 2006
        Hello everyone

        Leigh Wood here. 25 from NJ, I consider myself a dabller in the
        written arts. Nonfiction, sF, erotica, and such.

        tata!

        LW
        http://360.yahoo.com/leighwood881
      • Gloria & John Oliver
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 24, 2006
          Welcome aboard, Leigh!

          Gloria Oliver
          www.gloriaoliver.com
          Unveiling the Fantastic

          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 24, 2006
            Welcome Leigh

            Uthaya

            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 2, 2007
              Hi my name is Anna I'm quite new here too. I want to thank everyone for the
              wonderful recommendations I'm quite new at the genre I used to read a lot of
              detectives and novels but no fantasy. I did read the Harry potter books but
              that was about it. Than after seeing the LOTR trilogy I finally plucked the
              courage last year to read the lotr books (in English I'm Flemish) and also
              read The Sil and the Hobbit. Now I'm venturing into the fantasy genre and
              loving it. . First on my list was Terry Pratchett who's books I absolutely
              adore !! Next came C.S.Lewis thanks to the movie Narnia. And than Naomi
              Novik's Temeraire trilogy. Read book 1 and 2. Now I've started on Philip
              Pullman's Northern Lights, looks promising. Thank you so much for the extra
              book hints to go and check out.
              Gosh this list is growing !! But I love to read so keep them coming !!
              Hugs
              Anna

            • Richard Claypool
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 2, 2007
                This list goes through spirts. Speaking of spirts, where is Tim, how's it
                going in the land down under?

                aim
                rclaypo
                skype
                lord_of_beer
                > Hi my name is Anna I'm quite new here too. I want to thank everyone for
                > the
                > wonderful recommendations I'm quite new at the genre I used to read a lot
                > of
                > detectives and novels but no fantasy. I did read the Harry potter books
                > but
                > that was about it. Than after seeing the LOTR trilogy I finally plucked
                > the
                > courage last year to read the lotr books (in English I'm Flemish) and also
                > read The Sil and the Hobbit. Now I'm venturing into the fantasy genre and
                > loving it. . First on my list was Terry Pratchett who's books I absolutely
                > adore !! Next came C.S.Lewis thanks to the movie Narnia. And than Naomi
                > Novik's Temeraire trilogy. Read book 1 and 2. Now I've started on Philip
                > Pullman's Northern Lights, looks promising. Thank you so much for the
                > extra
                > book hints to go and check out.
                > Gosh this list is growing !! But I love to read so keep them coming !!
                > Hugs
                > Anna

              • chanawildspace
                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 2, 2007
                  Hi Ann,

                  Welcome aboard. You are Flemish? At the risk of sounding
                  ignoring...where is that? Born and bred in the midwest-- of America.
                  Now living out West-- Colorado (home of the rocky mountains and
                  former cowboy country!)

                  -Clare

                  --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "AnnaPandora"

                • gioliver@swbell.net
                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 2, 2007
                    Welcome aboard, Anna!

                    Gloria Oliver
                    www.gloriaoliver.com
                    Unveiling the Fantastic

[...]

                    <!--

                    #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
                    #ygrp-text{
                    font-family:Georgia;
                    }
                    #ygrp-text p{
                    margin:0 0 1em 0;}
                    #ygrp-tpmsgs{
                    font-family:Arial;
                    clear:both;}
                    #ygrp-vitnav{
                    #ygrp-vitnav a{
                    padding:0 1px;}
                    #ygrp-actbar{
                    #ygrp-actbar .left{
                    float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
                    .bld{font-weight:bold;}
                    #ygrp-grft{
                    #ygrp-ft{
                    padding:5px 0;
                    }
                    #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
                    padding-bottom:10px;}

                    #ygrp-vital{
                    #ygrp-vital #vithd{
                    #ygrp-vital ul{
                    padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
                    #ygrp-vital ul li{
                    }
                    #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
                    #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
                    font-weight:bold;}
                    #ygrp-vital a {
                    text-decoration:none;}

                    #ygrp-vital a:hover{
                    text-decoration:underline;}

                    #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
                    color:#999;font-size:77%;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
                    padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
                    #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
                    text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
                    padding:8px 0;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
                    text-decoration:none;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
                    text-decoration:underline;}
                    #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
                    margin:0;}
                    o {font-size:0;}
                    .MsoNormal {
                    margin:0 0 0 0;}
                    #ygrp-text tt{
                    font-size:120%;}
                    blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
                    .replbq {margin:4;}
                    -->

                  • The Bohemian Piano
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 2, 2007
                      I can't tell you where Tim is, (except my brother Tim, who is not who you're
                      after! :P) But Down Under's going great! Thanks for asking! LOL

                      Also, I'm trying to work out what to read next: Should it be an old
                      favourite, visiting the family again; or something new, that I haven't read
                      yet, and could grip me so well that I miss my due dates for assignments??

                      ---
                      The Bohemian Piano
                      ICQ 38606282
                      MSN bohemian_piano@...
                      YIM bohemian_piano

                      > Hi my name is Anna I'm quite new here too. I want to thank everyone for
                      > the
                      > wonderful recommendations I'm quite new at the genre I used to read a lot
                      > of
                      > detectives and novels but no fantasy. I did read the Harry potter books
                      > but
                      > that was about it. Than after seeing the LOTR trilogy I finally plucked
                      > the
                      > courage last year to read the lotr books (in English I'm Flemish) and also
                      > read The Sil and the Hobbit. Now I'm venturing into the fantasy genre and
                      > loving it. . First on my list was Terry Pratchett who's books I absolutely
                      > adore !! Next came C.S.Lewis thanks to the movie Narnia. And than Naomi
                      > Novik's Temeraire trilogy. Read book 1 and 2. Now I've started on Philip
                      > Pullman's Northern Lights, looks promising. Thank you so much for the
                      > extra
                      > book hints to go and check out.
                      > Gosh this list is growing !! But I love to read so keep them coming !!
                      > Hugs
                      > Anna

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • AnnaPandora
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 8, 2007
                        Thank you for the welcome everyone !!
                        Hi Clare I live in Belgium in a little town called Bruges (town originated
                        in the 10th century)
                        Am enjoying this group very much
                        At the moment still reading Pullman almost finished book 2 'The Subtle knife
                        . When I bought the books didn't know these were written for children. Even
                        so am really enjoying them.
                        Hugs
                        Anna

                        <toyahpandora@...> wrote:

                        > Hi my name is Anna I'm quite new here too. (in English I'm Flemish)
                        > Gosh this list is growing !! But I love to read so keep them
                        coming !!
                        > Hugs
                        > Anna

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • lorinsilver
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 8, 2007
                          (crawling out of hiding)

                          Hi Anna, fellow Belgian. I'm from Sint-Niklaas myself.

                          I've just finished re-reading a whole bunch of series, including
                          Piers Anthony's Xanth, Dave Duncan's The Seventh Sword, and Weis &
                          Hickman's Dragonlance series.

                          Time for me to crawl back under my rock...