Hello

  • lovetoread069
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 2, 2005
      New member here, names Jim. Thought I'd say hello. I'm hoping to get
      recommendations on future reads and have discussions. With all the
      titles available these days it's hard to decide which to comit to.

      The last two books I read were Children of the Dragon by Keith Gouveia
      (an excellent fantasy written for everyone to enjoy. It's gotten a 4
      and a 5 star rating at Amazon definitely worth checking out) and In
      Silent Graves by Gary Braunbeck (just calling this one horror doesn't
      do it justice, it's an excellent emotional read about a man who loses
      his wife and unborn daughter and his decent into madness)

      I'm currently reading Way of the Fog by AP Fuchs (from the same
      publisher of Children of the Dragon so I thought it was a logically
      choice. Not as good as Children of the Dragon, some redundincies, but I
      can live with it and trudge through)

      Well, that's probably enough from me for now.

      Cheers.
      Jim
    • Sheelagh
      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 4, 2005
        Hi Jim: Thank you for recommending some reads. I don't know that I
        have seen these titles, but will check them out.

        Sheelagh

        --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "lovetoread069"
        <lovetoread069@y...> wrote:
        > New member here, names Jim. Thought I'd say hello. I'm hoping to
        get
        > recommendations on future reads and have discussions. With all the
        > titles available these days it's hard to decide which to comit to.
        >
        > The last two books I read were Children of the Dragon by Keith
        Gouveia
        > (an excellent fantasy written for everyone to enjoy. It's gotten a
        4
        > and a 5 star rating at Amazon definitely worth checking out) and In
        > Silent Graves by Gary Braunbeck (just calling this one horror
        doesn't
        > do it justice, it's an excellent emotional read about a man who
        loses
        > his wife and unborn daughter and his decent into madness)
        >
        > I'm currently reading Way of the Fog by AP Fuchs (from the same
        > publisher of Children of the Dragon so I thought it was a logically
        > choice. Not as good as Children of the Dragon, some redundincies,
        but I
        > can live with it and trudge through)
        >
        > Well, that's probably enough from me for now.
        >
        > Cheers.
        > Jim
      • lovetoread069
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 5, 2005
          If you do, happy reading. I don't think anyone will be disappointed in
          Children of the Dragon. I thought it was very original and no where
          near the D&D style of story telling that had turned me off of fantasy
          for awhile. The Harry Potter Series brought me back full throttle. When
          I saw my son reading The Goblet of Fire and how thick it was, I had to
          know what made him put down his video games long enough to read a book,
          been hooked since. He's reading the copy of CHildren of the Dragon now
          and enjoying it, probably would have finished it already had his sister
          not stolen it :-)

          Jim

          --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Sheelagh" <sheila@m...> wrote:
          > Hi Jim: Thank you for recommending some reads. I don't know that I
          > have seen these titles, but will check them out.
          >
          > Sheelagh

        • Gloria & John Oliver
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 7, 2005
            Hey, Jim!
            Welcome aboard!

            Gloria Oliver
            www.gloriaoliver.com
            Fantasy Novels

[...]

            Book writing software Writing a book report Business writing book

            Service.

          • gourley_susan
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 28, 2009
              Hi all. I'm new to this group and would like to introduce myself. I love reading nearly all genres of books, but by far my favorite is fantasy. I recentley finished reading Jennifer Roberson's Karavans and recommend it highly.
              I also write epic fantasy and have my first book, The Keepers of Sulbreth, coming out January first. I write fantasy romance under the pen name, Susan Kelley, and also have numerous novels published.
              I look forward to hearing all the discussion from fellow fantasy lovers. You can learn about me on my website.

              Susan Gourley
              http://www.susangourley.com
            • craig herbertson
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 28, 2009
                Hi and welcome,

                Good to have you here. There are a few authors in the bunch. I write Fantasy and horror (not many people here like the dark side)

                Craig Herbertson

              • gourley_susan
                Message 7 of 28 , Dec 28, 2009
                  Hi Craig,
                  Thanks for the welcome. And I often read the darkside. I think it's been a neglected genre lately unless you're Stephen King.

                  Susan