Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: Luna Books Fantasy

  • Ken Ogilvy
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2005
      --- Sheila <sheila@...> wrote:
      > I see Catherine Asaro's first foray into all-out
      > fantasy is under Luna
      > books - so maybe it will bring more readers in,
      > which won't be bad.
      > More readers = more books published - I hope.
      >
      > Sheila

      I beleive Michelle West's latest, under the pen name
      Michelle Sagara, is under the Luna Imprint.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • sisimka
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2005
        Mercedes Lackey has published at least one title under this imprint,
        called The Fairy Godmother. I quite enjoyed the title as a more
        light-hearted fantasy with a familiar plot line and suggested
        romance all combined with Lackey's known literary talent.

        It seems she has taken a step further and is about to publish a
        title for Harlequin called One Good Knight.

        I think for some, this is a logical step. For those of you who
        don't know, the most popular themes of romantic novels are
        historical or quasi-historical settings. Romance in modern times
        just isn't as... romantic? Therefore, to set a romance plot into a
        fantasy world seems as natural as peanut butter and jelly.

        Not all of us like our sci-fi hard and our fantasy thick with epic
        battles, some of us like a little human interest too.

        However, that being said, I'm sure, like most genres, there is going
        to be a lot of books that shouldn't have been published and we'll
        find ourselves wondering why...

        In general, I think it's an opportunity for fantasy readers to find
        more romance and romance readers to broaden their horizons.

        It's a good thing! (Remember, you don't have to read it. :) )