Re: hello!

  • Eoin
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 10, 2000
      Hallo Valerie, Feist has two new books on the way if you are a fan.
      If you are looking for something for the kids to read while waiting
      for the next Harry Potter then try - "The Dark is Rising Sequence" by
      Susan Cooper (A Quintet) or Philip Pullman (Although his material
      varies widely between age groups)or how about C.S. Lewis, Alan
      Garner, or Mary Norton. Also Pratchett has some great stuff for kids
      as well. Looking forward to hearing from you. Eoin.

      --- In Fantasy_Books@egroups.com, gatewayhm@t... wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I just joined and I wanted to introduce myself. I am a mother of a
      whole hoard
      > of kiddies. My oldest are also fantasy fans. I have loved SF and
      fantasy my
      > whole life and devoured C. S. Lewis and Tolkein as a young teenager.
      >
      > Now I enjoy, Eddings, M. Z. Bradley, Robert Jordan, George R. R.
      Martin,
      > Goodkind, I have one of Gemmells but I haven't read it yet. I am
      waiting for a
      > book from Feist to come so as to be able to read it on my holiday
      next week.

      > My all time favourite writer, is by far, and I have to most books
      by him
      > is......Terry Prachett!! I am actually going to meet him next
      month as he does
      > a book signing and reading here in Berlin, Germany where I live. I
      am British
      > by the way, and I married a German.
      >
      > I hope to get to know other authors and I'll be enjoying to read
      all your
      > comments.
      >
      > Take care
      >
      > Valerie.
      >
      > P.S. My kids are all Harry Potter fans too, so, we have 'em all!
      Any ideas for