Introducing Myself - New Member

  • Marilyn Peake
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hi, everyone,

      I joined this group a few minutes ago. I'm the author of a published
      trilogy of children's fantasy adventure novels: The Fisherman's Son,
      The City of the Golden Sun, and Return of the Golden Age. The
      highlight of my writing career is when Piers Anthony, the best-selling
      science fiction and fantasy author, read The Fisherman's Son and sent
      me a great review quote about it. I recently read A Wrinkle in Time by
      Madeleine L'Engle and the first two Harry Potter books. I'm currently
      reading the third Harry Potter book. I'm looking forward to the
      discussions in this group!

      Best Wishes,
      Marilyn Peake

      ~~ Drink deeply by land or sea. Earth comes only once.~~
      From THE FISHERMAN'S SON Trilogy
      http://www.marilynpeake.com
      http://www.thefishermansson.com
      http://www.thecityofthegoldensun.com
    • karl barnes

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2005
          Hi Marilyn, wow, how exciting to actually have Piers Anthony read your book!
          I really enjoy his work and will have to check yours out.

          For Horror/SciFi/Fantasy Movie, Book and CD Reviews and News
          http://davesnewsandreviews.blogspot.com
          My Opinion Piece
          http://irreversibledamage.blogspot.com/
          I joined this group a few minutes ago. I'm the author of a published
          trilogy of children's fantasy adventure novels: The Fisherman's Son,
          The City of the Golden Sun, and Return of the Golden Age. The
          highlight of my writing career is when Piers Anthony, the best-selling
          science fiction and fantasy author, read The Fisherman's Son and sent
          me a great review quote about it. I recently read A Wrinkle in Time by
          Madeleine L'Engle and the first two Harry Potter books. I'm currently
          reading the third Harry Potter book. I'm looking forward to the
          discussions in this group!

          Best Wishes,
          Marilyn Peake

          ~~ Drink deeply by land or sea. Earth comes only once.~~
          From THE FISHERMAN'S SON Trilogy
          http://www.marilynpeake.com
          http://www.thefishermansson.com
          http://www.thecityofthegoldensun.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • Marilyn Peake
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2005
            Hi, Karl,

            My books are for both children and young adult. When I wrote them, I
            was writing primarily for the intended age group of Redwall, Eragon,
            or Harry Potter. There are some things in my books (e.g. the death
            of a mother) that might be too intense for very young children. My
            intended audience was children ages 9 through 12; but my books have
            also been labeled "young adult" on many book sites. If you'd like to
            read summaries, excerpts, and reviews of my books, you can visit my
            web site for the first two books in my trilogy:
            http://www.marilynpeake.com . To read a summary and excerpt for the
            third book (recently released in eBook and scheduled for release in
            paperback within the next week or so), you can visit that book's page
            on the publisher's web site:
            http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/single.asp?ISBN=1-55404-251-8
            Thank you so much for your interest!

            Best Wishes,
            Marilyn

            ~~ Drink deeply by land or sea. Earth comes only once.~~
            From THE FISHERMAN'S SON Trilogy

            --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, karl barnes <priestvyrce@y...>
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 14, 2005
              Hi, Dave,

              Thank you very much! I corresponded with Piers Anthony for a short
              time after he read my book. I must say that he's an incredibly kind
              and thoughtful man, in addition to being very talented. Three of his
              book series are currently under serious consideration for movies -
              I'm crossing my fingers he gets the contracts!

              Best Wishes,
              Marilyn

              ~~ Drink deeply by land or sea. Earth comes only once.~~
              From THE FISHERMAN'S SON Trilogy

              --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Donovan"

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 14, 2005
                I hope his books get adapted too! I wonder if they're his Xanth books or his
                other books. I'm most familiar with his Xanth series. I couldn't even
                imagine corresponding with an actual published author, hey, but then again,
                I'm corresponding with you! It must be a great feeling to be published
                --Dave

                For Horror/SciFi/Fantasy Movie, Book and CD Reviews and News
                http://davesnewsandreviews.blogspot.com
                My Opinion Piece
                http://irreversibledamage.blogspot.com/
                Thank you very much! I corresponded with Piers Anthony for a short
                time after he read my book. I must say that he's an incredibly kind
                and thoughtful man, in addition to being very talented. Three of his
                book series are currently under serious consideration for movies -
                I'm crossing my fingers he gets the contracts!

                Best Wishes,
                Marilyn

                ~~ Drink deeply by land or sea. Earth comes only once.~~
                From THE FISHERMAN'S SON Trilogy

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 14, 2005
                  Hi, Dave,

                  Thank you for your kind words! I believe that books from three of
                  Piers Anthony's series - Adept, Incarnations of Immortality, and
                  Xanth - are under consideration for movies. I'm crossing my
                  fingers. I think it would be awesome to see three movies based on
                  Piers Anthony's books!

                  Best Wishes,
                  Marilyn

                  ~~ Drink deeply by land or sea. Earth comes only once.~~
                  From THE FISHERMAN'S SON Trilogy