Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: Tanya Huff

  • marykae
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2000
      right, that's how I got into tanya huff, I saw the cover for the fifth
      quarter, read the back, and decided I wanted it, but I saw that it was a
      series, so I bought sing the four quarters, but I take it one step beyond,
      If I like it after reading it, I talk to people and see what they would
      recommend based on the fact that I liked that book. I usually get a good
      list, go back, look at those books, buy the one, or ones that I think look
      interesting until Im done with that list, then I go to a list of someone in
      that group, who's books I really liked, and start over.

      From: JennaKay Francis <triskelion@...>
      Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:27:45 -0700
      To: Fantasy_Books@egroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: Tanya Huff

      Have you ever watched people in a bookstore? They will pick up the book,
      usually based on the cover graphic (unless they are looking for a
      specific writer), then turn the book over and read the back. If that is
      appealing, they will open the inside cover and read that, then if still
      interested, they will read the first page. If that snags them, they
      usually buy the book. It happens all of the time. So, that back cover
      copy and that front flip page had better be darned entertaining for the
      novice author. And you don't get a lot of words to do it in either!

      Jenna

      FREE SPIRIT - Starlight Writers Publications
      THE GUARDIANS OF GLEDE - SWP Editors Choice Award; SWP Stellar Award;
      WordWeaving Award of Excellance
      THE GREEN PUMPKIN - CrossroadsPub.com; Frankfurt Award Nominee
      Homepage: www.geocities.com/jennakayfrancis

      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

      Lonely? Get Firetalk! Free, unlimited calls anywhere in the world. Free
      voice chat on hundreds of topics.
      http://click.egroups.com/1/5477/3/_/231028/_/964711143/