Re: Tanya Huff

  • Denise DeGraf
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2000
      At 10:12 AM 7/26/2000, marykae <kirby@...> hammered into the ethereal
      keyboard:
      >hey, does anyone read tanya huff?im finishing the quartered sea.

      I just finished "Summon The Keeper" and really enjoyed it, which is a very
      rare thing for me (I'm an avid yet picky reader)! I'm now trying to sort
      out what her different series are so I can pick the next one to read--but
      Amazon and the Web in general have next-to-no information on her works. :^(

      Denise
    • marykae
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26, 2000
        I usually just go straight to the book store and read the back, that, and
        use recomendations on different books from people online.

        From: Denise DeGraf <amergin@...>
        Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:46:14 -0700
        To: Fantasy_Books@egroups.com
        Subject: [Fantasy_Books] Re: Tanya Huff

        At 10:12 AM 7/26/2000, marykae <kirby@...> hammered into the ethereal
        keyboard:
        >hey, does anyone read tanya huff?im finishing the quartered sea.

        I just finished "Summon The Keeper" and really enjoyed it, which is a very
        rare thing for me (I'm an avid yet picky reader)! I'm now trying to sort
        out what her different series are so I can pick the next one to read--but
        Amazon and the Web in general have next-to-no information on her works. :^(

        Denise

      • JennaKay Francis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2000
          Have you ever watched people in a bookstore? They will pick up the book,
          usually based on the cover graphic (unless they are looking for a
          specific writer), then turn the book over and read the back. If that is
          appealing, they will open the inside cover and read that, then if still
          interested, they will read the first page. If that snags them, they
          usually buy the book. It happens all of the time. So, that back cover
          copy and that front flip page had better be darned entertaining for the
          novice author. And you don't get a lot of words to do it in either!

          Jenna

          FREE SPIRIT - Starlight Writers Publications
          THE GUARDIANS OF GLEDE - SWP Editors Choice Award; SWP Stellar Award;
          WordWeaving Award of Excellance
          THE GREEN PUMPKIN - CrossroadsPub.com; Frankfurt Award Nominee
          Homepage: www.geocities.com/jennakayfrancis

          Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
        • marykae
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 27, 2000
            right, that's how I got into tanya huff, I saw the cover for the fifth
            quarter, read the back, and decided I wanted it, but I saw that it was a
            series, so I bought sing the four quarters, but I take it one step beyond,
            If I like it after reading it, I talk to people and see what they would
            recommend based on the fact that I liked that book. I usually get a good
            list, go back, look at those books, buy the one, or ones that I think look
            interesting until Im done with that list, then I go to a list of someone in
            that group, who's books I really liked, and start over.

            From: JennaKay Francis <triskelion@...>
            Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:27:45 -0700
            To: Fantasy_Books@egroups.com
            Subject: Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: Tanya Huff

[...]

            Lonely? Get Firetalk! Free, unlimited calls anywhere in the world. Free
            voice chat on hundreds of topics.
            http://click.egroups.com/1/5477/3/_/231028/_/964711143/