Re: The Runelords by David Farland

  • OJ
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23 12:41 PM
      --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, Cory Nielsen
      <Corynielsen@a...> wrote:
      > I liked the Farlands book, but found that they did'nt get better
      just
      > same in the later books.

      I can see that. It's been a while since I read the third book, so
      the fourth book doesn't seem that monotonous. I think if I read them
      all one after the other they would get tedious though.

      -OJ
    • OJ
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23 12:43 PM
        --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "momkoz1" <kosco@m...> wrote:

        > right now, i am rereading dune series and prequels.
        > jennifer kosco

        I just watch the movie Dune for the first time a couple months ago.
        I've never read the books, but I think I'd like to. I started
        looking at them in a bookstore not long ago, but there were so many
        I was a bit overwhelmed. What's a good place to start on them?

        -OJ
      • chamama02
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23 1:44 PM
          Start at the very beginning - it's a very good place to start. ;)
          Start with the original one- Dune, by Frank Herbert.

          Sara

        • william@wmarnoch.freeserve.co.uk
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23 1:59 PM
            On 23 Feb 2005 at 20:43, OJ wrote:

            > --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "momkoz1" <kosco@m...> wrote:
            >
            > > right now, i am rereading dune series and prequels.
            > > jennifer kosco
            >
            > I just watch the movie Dune for the first time a couple months ago.
            > I've never read the books, but I think I'd like to. I started
            > looking at them in a bookstore not long ago, but there were so many
            > I was a bit overwhelmed. What's a good place to start on them?

            You want to read "Dune" itself first. Whether you want to read any of the other books is
            debateable, I felt that Dune was good but the rest of the series went downhill very fast.

            --
            William Marnoch
            william@...
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 24 12:53 AM
              I would start at Dune and I enjoyed reading the first
              4 books while I found the latter ones were not of the
              same standard and very disappointing.

              Dale

              --- OJ <oj_stapleton@...> wrote:

              > I just watch the movie Dune for the first time a
              > couple months ago.
              > I've never read the books, but I think I'd like to.
              > I started
              > looking at them in a bookstore not long ago, but
              > there were so many
              > I was a bit overwhelmed. What's a good place to
              > start on them?
              >
              > -OJ

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Richard F claypool
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 24 4:57 AM
                I liked the book Dune a lot, did not and I repete did not like the movie!

                Rick