Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: The Runelords by David Farland

  • Cory Nielsen
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2005
      I liked the Farlands book, but found that they did'nt get better just
      same in the later books.

      momkoz1 wrote:

      >>Has anyone else read any of this great series?
      >>

      >yup, read em already. :)
      >an sold em, too. heh
      >they werent bad. very different approach to magic, with
      >the 'borrowing'. by the fourth book, the idea began to wear on me.
      >its sorta like cheating, lol. im not too much on pain either. you
      >can see i was little distracted by the whole thing. heh. otherwise,
      >yes, it was pretty interesting plot development. i liked that. :)
      >right now, i am rereading dune series and prequels.
      >jennifer kosco
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • OJ
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2005
        --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, Cory Nielsen
        <Corynielsen@a...> wrote:
        > I liked the Farlands book, but found that they did'nt get better
        just
        > same in the later books.

        I can see that. It's been a while since I read the third book, so
        the fourth book doesn't seem that monotonous. I think if I read them
        all one after the other they would get tedious though.

        -OJ
      • OJ
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2005
          --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "momkoz1" <kosco@m...> wrote:

          > right now, i am rereading dune series and prequels.
          > jennifer kosco

          I just watch the movie Dune for the first time a couple months ago.
          I've never read the books, but I think I'd like to. I started
          looking at them in a bookstore not long ago, but there were so many
          I was a bit overwhelmed. What's a good place to start on them?

          -OJ
        • chamama02
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2005
            Start at the very beginning - it's a very good place to start. ;)
            Start with the original one- Dune, by Frank Herbert.

            Sara

          • william@wmarnoch.freeserve.co.uk
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2005
              On 23 Feb 2005 at 20:43, OJ wrote:

              > --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "momkoz1" <kosco@m...> wrote:
              >
              > > right now, i am rereading dune series and prequels.
              > > jennifer kosco
              >
              > I just watch the movie Dune for the first time a couple months ago.
              > I've never read the books, but I think I'd like to. I started
              > looking at them in a bookstore not long ago, but there were so many
              > I was a bit overwhelmed. What's a good place to start on them?

              You want to read "Dune" itself first. Whether you want to read any of the other books is
              debateable, I felt that Dune was good but the rest of the series went downhill very fast.

              --
              William Marnoch
              william@...
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
                I would start at Dune and I enjoyed reading the first
                4 books while I found the latter ones were not of the
                same standard and very disappointing.

                Dale

                --- OJ <oj_stapleton@...> wrote:

                > I just watch the movie Dune for the first time a
                > couple months ago.
                > I've never read the books, but I think I'd like to.
                > I started
                > looking at them in a bookstore not long ago, but
                > there were so many
                > I was a bit overwhelmed. What's a good place to
                > start on them?
                >
                > -OJ

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Richard F claypool
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 24, 2005
                  I liked the book Dune a lot, did not and I repete did not like the movie!

                  Rick