Re: [Fantasy_Books] Re: what books are you all reading right now?

  • Ken Ogilvy
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- Peta Smith <petas@...> wrote:

      > I just finished Ash A Secret History by Mary Gentle
      > which was okay but
      > nothing to rave about imho. I am now reading the
      > first of Katherrine Kurtz's
      > Deryni trilogy, again nothing to really rave about
      > but it's holding my
      > interest and I will finish the trilogy.
      >
      > I am particularly looking forward to reading Stephen
      > Donaldson's Runes of
      > the Earth

      I thought Ash was amazing. The way that Gentle wrote
      the story was great.

      I read the first Deryni book a while back and thought
      it was ok. The thing I really liked was that this
      could have easily been a bloated gigantic tome, but
      instead she went for short and sweet.

      I also am waiting for Runes, I am going to pick it up
      soon. I intend to wait till all are published before I
      read it.

      http://mail.yahoo.com