Re: what books are you all reading right now?

  • momkoz1
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 31, 2005
      >I can't even tell you why I didn't like these, so may try again
      later.

      > Which books ? The Assassin trilogy or the Liveship trilogy?
      >
      > Peta

      good question, peta. i was wondering the exact same thing. i really
      liked the assassin series, altho it got a bit gruesome at times.
      poor thing kept getting beat up all the time. past that, it was
      good. then.. i got to liveship. the *best*. the fool trilogy wrapped
      it all up, but the liveship is the best. so my advice would be to
      drudge thru the assassin best as you can, coz liveship is worth it.
      my 2 cents, with inflation.. worth 0.05 :)
      jennifer kosco
    • Ken Ogilvy
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 1, 2005
        --- Peta Smith <petas@...> wrote:

        > I just finished Ash A Secret History by Mary Gentle
        > which was okay but
        > nothing to rave about imho. I am now reading the
        > first of Katherrine Kurtz's
        > Deryni trilogy, again nothing to really rave about
        > but it's holding my
        > interest and I will finish the trilogy.
        >
        > I am particularly looking forward to reading Stephen
        > Donaldson's Runes of
        > the Earth

        I thought Ash was amazing. The way that Gentle wrote
        the story was great.

        I read the first Deryni book a while back and thought
        it was ok. The thing I really liked was that this
        could have easily been a bloated gigantic tome, but
        instead she went for short and sweet.

        I also am waiting for Runes, I am going to pick it up
        soon. I intend to wait till all are published before I
        read it.

        http://mail.yahoo.com