Re: [Fantasy_Books] Dragonlance Chronicles

  • Cory Nielsen
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
      I believe it's called Dragons of Autumn Twilight.
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
        Dragons of the Autmun??

        Stephen Gambuti <stevegambuti@...> wrote:I need to read it..... What's the first book called?

        Steve :)

        A Dark Science Fiction Tale
        Center Moon: Stone of Cordova
        www.fictionbytes.com
        ISBN: 1-59088-713-1

      • momkoz1
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
          > Who here would like to disagree with me that the Dragonlance
          > Chronicles is one of the best series ever written. And if so what
          is
          > better?

          i will say that dragonlance is the premiere of the comic book genre
          series. as for fantasy lit, no. but dont feel badly, coz i have this
          argument with my son all the time. dragonlance is also his favorite.
          i just prefer a more in depth written novel with complicated
          characters and plot. i like surprises and plans within plans within
          plans. the more complicated it is, the more i like it.
          just one person's opinion. :)
          jennifer kosco
        • Cory Nielsen
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
            Ya I like as much action as they are willing to write. I bet he likes the Dark elf trilogies.
            > Who here would like to disagree with me that the Dragonlance
            > Chronicles is one of the best series ever written. And if so what
            is
            > better?

            i will say that dragonlance is the premiere of the comic book genre
            series. as for fantasy lit, no. but dont feel badly, coz i have this
            argument with my son all the time. dragonlance is also his favorite.
            i just prefer a more in depth written novel with complicated
            characters and plot. i like surprises and plans within plans within
            plans. the more complicated it is, the more i like it.
            just one person's opinion. :)
            jennifer kosco

          • Lynne M Ramsdell
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
              I really liked the original Dragonlance trilogy. Some of the other
              DL books I read were not so good IMO.
              Dragons of Autumn Twilight
              Dragons of Winter Night
              Dragons of Spring Dawning
              are the originals.

              Thialynne

              --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Cory Nielsen"
              <Corynielsen@a...> wrote:
              > Ya I like as much action as they are willing to write. I bet he
              likes the Dark elf trilogies.

              Service.

            • momkoz1
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 14, 2005
                > Ya I like as much action as they are willing to write. I bet he
                likes the Dark elf trilogies.

                oh, i bet he would. :)
                details. need details.
                i could surprise him by getting them for him. i encourage all
                reading, the more the better.
                any more suggestions?
                jennifer kosco
              • Cory Nielsen
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 14, 2005
                  He should try Fiest's books like "magician apprentice" has he read Aragon?

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 14, 2005
                    But he must read the Dark elf books by R.A.Salvadore starring Drizzt Do Orden!

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 15, 2005
                      > He should try Fiest's books like "magician apprentice" has he
                      read Aragon?

                      i have read all the fiest books. he might like those. what is aragon?

                      shameless plug, hehe: i have for sale the audio book of krondor,
                      tear of the gods, book three of the riftwar legacy. sadly, i have
                      given up my fiest books to make room for new ones/favorites.
                      sometimes feels like i am selling my children.

                      jennifer kosco
                    • momkoz1
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 15, 2005
                        > But he must read the Dark elf books by R.A.Salvadore starring
                        Drizzt Do Orden!

                        i might try these myself. :)

                        i will add that my son really took off on the shannara series. and
                        there is another series that he *really* liked. i will have to call
                        him and ask, coz right now i cant remember, heh.

                        jennifer kosco
                      • momkoz1
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 15, 2005
                          > there is another series that he *really* liked. i will have to
                          call
                          > him and ask, coz right now i cant remember, heh.

                          i called my son and he knew right off what books i was talking
                          about. he has all of them still. anyone heard of the death gate
                          cycle series? the first one is called dragon wing. these remind me
                          of dragonlance type books.

                          jennifer kosco
                        • Jane Gray
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 16, 2005
                            The death gate series are written by the authors of the Dragonlance original
                            series. There are 7 in total and very enjoyable.
                            I read the Dragonlance books when they first came out and remember sitting
                            on a train going home from London reading the third in the series surrounded
                            by football fans. I couldn't stop crying as one of the characters had been
                            killed.
                            I have introduced some of my nephews to them who weren't born when they
                            first came out.
                            Jane

                            > there is another series that he *really* liked. i will have to
                            call
                            > him and ask, coz right now i cant remember, heh.

                            i called my son and he knew right off what books i was talking about. he has
                            all of them still. anyone heard of the death gate cycle series? the first
                            one is called dragon wing. these remind me of dragonlance type books.

                            jennifer kosco

                            ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has
                            someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
                            http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM
                          • momkoz1
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 17, 2005
                              > The death gate series are written by the authors of the
                              Dragonlance original
                              > series. There are 7 in total and very enjoyable.

                              well, duh! no wonder he likes them so much. :)
                              thank you for reminding me of that. i had forgotten.
                              OT: right now, i am reading the dune prequels.
                              i guess i will have to dust off my copies of martin now. when is the
                              next one coming out? anytime soon?
                              jennifer kosco
                            • Wildfire
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 20, 2005
                                --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "thorcory" <Corynielsen@a...>
                                wrote:

                                > Who here would like to disagree with me that the Dragonlance
                                > Chronicles is one of the best series ever written. And if so what
                                is
                                > better?
                                I wont disagree that their great books i enjoyed all of them and most
                                of Weis and Hickmans other books but i could certainly name half a
                                dozen better series...imo
                                (though i surely dont have to name them ..do i.. 8)
                                Wildfire
                              • Wildfire
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 20, 2005
                                  --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "momkoz1" <kosco@m...> wrote:

                                  > > there is another series that he *really* liked. i will have to
                                  > call
                                  > > him and ask, coz right now i cant remember, heh.
                                  >
                                  > i called my son and he knew right off what books i was talking
                                  > about. he has all of them still. anyone heard of the death gate
                                  > cycle series? the first one is called dragon wing. these remind me
                                  > of dragonlance type books.
                                  >
                                  > jennifer kosco
                                  There are seven books in the Death Gate series
                                  Dragon Wing
                                  Elven Star
                                  Fire Sea
                                  Serpent Mage
                                  Hand Of Chaos
                                  Into The Lybyrinth
                                  The Seventh Gate
                                  i thought the first was great but it took me ages to find all the
                                  others well worth it though...
                                  Wildfire