Re: [Fantasy_Books] Dragonlance Chronicles

  • Stephen Gambuti
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 12, 2005
      I need to read it..... What's the first book called?

      Steve :)

      A Dark Science Fiction Tale
      Center Moon: Stone of Cordova
      www.fictionbytes.com
      ISBN: 1-59088-713-1

    • Cory Nielsen
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
        I believe it's called Dragons of Autumn Twilight.
        I need to read it..... What's the first book called?

        Steve :)

        A Dark Science Fiction Tale
        Center Moon: Stone of Cordova
        www.fictionbytes.com
        ISBN: 1-59088-713-1

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • karl barnes
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
          Dragons of the Autmun??

          Stephen Gambuti <stevegambuti@...> wrote:I need to read it..... What's the first book called?

          Steve :)

          A Dark Science Fiction Tale
          Center Moon: Stone of Cordova
          www.fictionbytes.com
          ISBN: 1-59088-713-1

        • momkoz1
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
            > Who here would like to disagree with me that the Dragonlance
            > Chronicles is one of the best series ever written. And if so what
            is
            > better?

            i will say that dragonlance is the premiere of the comic book genre
            series. as for fantasy lit, no. but dont feel badly, coz i have this
            argument with my son all the time. dragonlance is also his favorite.
            i just prefer a more in depth written novel with complicated
            characters and plot. i like surprises and plans within plans within
            plans. the more complicated it is, the more i like it.
            just one person's opinion. :)
            jennifer kosco
          • Cory Nielsen
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
              Ya I like as much action as they are willing to write. I bet he likes the Dark elf trilogies.
              > Who here would like to disagree with me that the Dragonlance
              > Chronicles is one of the best series ever written. And if so what
              is
              > better?

              i will say that dragonlance is the premiere of the comic book genre
              series. as for fantasy lit, no. but dont feel badly, coz i have this
              argument with my son all the time. dragonlance is also his favorite.
              i just prefer a more in depth written novel with complicated
              characters and plot. i like surprises and plans within plans within
              plans. the more complicated it is, the more i like it.
              just one person's opinion. :)
              jennifer kosco

            • Lynne M Ramsdell
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 13, 2005
                I really liked the original Dragonlance trilogy. Some of the other
                DL books I read were not so good IMO.
                Dragons of Autumn Twilight
                Dragons of Winter Night
                Dragons of Spring Dawning
                are the originals.

                Thialynne

                --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Cory Nielsen"
                <Corynielsen@a...> wrote:
                > Ya I like as much action as they are willing to write. I bet he
                likes the Dark elf trilogies.

                Service.

              • momkoz1
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 14, 2005
                  > Ya I like as much action as they are willing to write. I bet he
                  likes the Dark elf trilogies.

                  oh, i bet he would. :)
                  details. need details.
                  i could surprise him by getting them for him. i encourage all
                  reading, the more the better.
                  any more suggestions?
                  jennifer kosco
                • Cory Nielsen
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 14, 2005
                    He should try Fiest's books like "magician apprentice" has he read Aragon?

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 14, 2005
                      But he must read the Dark elf books by R.A.Salvadore starring Drizzt Do Orden!

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 15, 2005
                        > He should try Fiest's books like "magician apprentice" has he
                        read Aragon?

                        i have read all the fiest books. he might like those. what is aragon?

                        shameless plug, hehe: i have for sale the audio book of krondor,
                        tear of the gods, book three of the riftwar legacy. sadly, i have
                        given up my fiest books to make room for new ones/favorites.
                        sometimes feels like i am selling my children.

                        jennifer kosco
                      • momkoz1
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jan 15, 2005
                          > But he must read the Dark elf books by R.A.Salvadore starring
                          Drizzt Do Orden!

                          i might try these myself. :)

                          i will add that my son really took off on the shannara series. and
                          there is another series that he *really* liked. i will have to call
                          him and ask, coz right now i cant remember, heh.

                          jennifer kosco
                        • momkoz1
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 15, 2005
                            > there is another series that he *really* liked. i will have to
                            call
                            > him and ask, coz right now i cant remember, heh.

                            i called my son and he knew right off what books i was talking
                            about. he has all of them still. anyone heard of the death gate
                            cycle series? the first one is called dragon wing. these remind me
                            of dragonlance type books.

                            jennifer kosco
                          • Jane Gray
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 16, 2005
                              The death gate series are written by the authors of the Dragonlance original
                              series. There are 7 in total and very enjoyable.
                              I read the Dragonlance books when they first came out and remember sitting
                              on a train going home from London reading the third in the series surrounded
                              by football fans. I couldn't stop crying as one of the characters had been
                              killed.
                              I have introduced some of my nephews to them who weren't born when they
                              first came out.
                              Jane

                              > there is another series that he *really* liked. i will have to
                              call
                              > him and ask, coz right now i cant remember, heh.

                              i called my son and he knew right off what books i was talking about. he has
                              all of them still. anyone heard of the death gate cycle series? the first
                              one is called dragon wing. these remind me of dragonlance type books.

                              jennifer kosco

                              ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has
                              someone you know been affected by illness or disease?
                              http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/DtIolB/TM
                            • momkoz1
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 17, 2005
                                > The death gate series are written by the authors of the
                                Dragonlance original
                                > series. There are 7 in total and very enjoyable.

                                well, duh! no wonder he likes them so much. :)
                                thank you for reminding me of that. i had forgotten.
                                OT: right now, i am reading the dune prequels.
                                i guess i will have to dust off my copies of martin now. when is the
                                next one coming out? anytime soon?
                                jennifer kosco
                              • Wildfire
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 20, 2005
                                  --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "thorcory" <Corynielsen@a...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > Who here would like to disagree with me that the Dragonlance
                                  > Chronicles is one of the best series ever written. And if so what
                                  is
                                  > better?
                                  I wont disagree that their great books i enjoyed all of them and most
                                  of Weis and Hickmans other books but i could certainly name half a
                                  dozen better series...imo
                                  (though i surely dont have to name them ..do i.. 8)
                                  Wildfire
                                • Wildfire
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 20, 2005
                                    --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "momkoz1" <kosco@m...> wrote:

                                    > > there is another series that he *really* liked. i will have to
                                    > call
                                    > > him and ask, coz right now i cant remember, heh.
                                    >
                                    > i called my son and he knew right off what books i was talking
                                    > about. he has all of them still. anyone heard of the death gate
                                    > cycle series? the first one is called dragon wing. these remind me
                                    > of dragonlance type books.
                                    >
                                    > jennifer kosco
                                    There are seven books in the Death Gate series
                                    Dragon Wing
                                    Elven Star
                                    Fire Sea
                                    Serpent Mage
                                    Hand Of Chaos
                                    Into The Lybyrinth
                                    The Seventh Gate
                                    i thought the first was great but it took me ages to find all the
                                    others well worth it though...
                                    Wildfire