Robert Asprin's Wartorn:Resurrection

  • eelloxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2005
      Hey everyone. I had mentioned this book in an earlier post and
      thought I would kinda give you the low down on it. Start a fire
      under ya to make you go out and buy it. It's fantastic.

      The story revolves around conflict on an isthmus. The northern and
      southern continents have fallen from greatness and the isthmus holds
      the most sofisticated societies. One of the northern cities, which
      has truly embraced magic has decided to take the isthmus for itself.
      They have use of magic that no others have, the ability to speak
      instantly over vast distences and the ability to move it's army over
      vast distances instantly. The only problem is that they really know
      nothing of war. This is when they resurrect the great Dardas, the
      conquerer of the northern contintent when it was powerful some 250
      years ago. They place his spirit into a willing body of a nobleman
      so he can lead their war. Only problem is, Dardas knows full well
      that once he wins their war, he will no longer be needed and they
      will get rid of him and he's not going to let that happen.

      The story really revolves around 6 different characters. Each
      chapter is about what the character is doing. So the book starts
      with Bryck's chapter, cycles through the other characters and then
      returns with Bryck's chapter two(which is actually chapter 7). It
      just so well written and fun to read. The stories are great as are
      the characters. I really couldn't put it down once I started reading
      it. It only out in PB and is 295 pages. I had it read in under a
      day in a half. I really couldn't recommend it more.