New Author

  • Morwen Melda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2004
      Hey

      I just started reading a relatively new book called The Darkness that Comes
      Before, book one in the Prince of Nothing series by R.Scott Bakker. I highly
      recomend this book to anyone who enjoys political epic fantasy.One of the
      quotes on the back of the book boasts that it "Out Tolkien's Tolkien" and
      while I disagree with this statement the amount of detail put into this
      worlds history and languages and characters is very reminescent of the
      detail in Tolkien's work even though the storylines are quite different.
      Anyhows, high recomendation for anyone looking for something very
      unsentimental and not stereotypical.

      Morwen

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2004
        --- Morwen Melda <morwen_melda@...> wrote:

        > Hey
        >
        > I just started reading a relatively new book called
        > The Darkness that Comes
        > Before, book one in the Prince of Nothing series by
        > R.Scott Bakker.

        He is also a Canadian that hails from Southern
        Ontario.
        I haven't read it.

        http://mail.yahoo.com