Re: [Fantasy_Books] Intro/G. R. R. Martin

  • karl barnes
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
      Mai Nguyen <fadededges@...> wrote:Hey,

      And I agree with Karl's assertion; this is a great series. I
      do have a question, though: Wasn't there supposed to be a fourth
      book? What happened to it? I've been waiting for a long time!

      Your guess as good as mine. The fourth novel, A Feast of Crows was suppose to be out last year, but got pushed to April of this year, but don't hold your breath. It is going to be one of those books that will be out, when it is out.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004

        > > But if you are looking for exceptional fantasy, then I urgently
        > > suggest that you read George R R Martin's A SOng of Ice and Fire
        > > starting with "A Game of Thrones". Great novel!
        >
        > And I agree with Karl's assertion; this is a great series. I
        >do have a question, though: Wasn't there supposed to be a fourth
        >book? What happened to it? I've been waiting for a long time!

        If you are interested, there's an excerpt from the fourth book - A Feast
        for Crows - on Martin's official website. It is a chapter concerning Arya.

        Peta
      • Shadoe
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
          > Just wanted to say hi to Karen and also add that our tastes
          > run along similar lines. I have THE OUTSTRETCHED SHADOW, THIS
          > SCEPTER'D ISLE and IN CAMELOT'S SHADOW in my pile of books to read.
          > Unfortunately I've been focusing on romance right now so not much
          > besides Nora Roberts is getting read. :)
          > *********
          Oh, I love Nora Roberts...she frequently combines the mystical with
          the romance (i.e. The Donovan Legacy, Three Sisters Island, etc).

          Shadoe