Re: [Fantasy_Books] Mercedes Lackey/ Joust

  • Mai Nguyen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      Hey,

      I've read Joust. And I agree with your opinion. I think most
      of Misty's works can be stand-alone novels and this was one of them.
      But I haven't read the sequel yet, no. Hopefully I'll read it soon. I
      have a huge pile of books I'm trying to get through right now, so
      it'll probably be the next month or so before I read it.

      Mai

      --- sportpony <sportpony@...> wrote:
      > I've just finished "Joust" by Mercedes Lackey ... I generally like
      > her writing but have a problem with the forever-on-going series she
      >
      > often writes.
      >
      > I liked this one very much ... it's obviously going to be a series,
      >
      > in fact, the next one is out, "Altan" is the title ... but you
      > could
      > read Joust as a stand-alone.
      >
      > Excellent, vivid characters, well defined ... and a book with a
      > beginning, middle and end ... of sorts, anyway. As I say, it was
      > pretty obvious that it is going to be one of an ongoing series
      > about
      > the same person but when you got to the end of the book it felt
      > like
      > there was an end.
      >
      > Fairly predictible situation, nothing surprising about the plot or
      > outcome ... but Lackey is an excellent, polished writer and the
      > book
      > enjoyable.
      >
      > Anyone else read this one ... or the sequel?
      >
      > Sharon
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      =====
      yahoo: fadededges
      aim: fadededges/angeloffish
      msn: fadededges@...

      (one-stop resource for all your gaming needs)

      (how much do you really know?)

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools