A New Guy

  • Rusty
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2004
      Greetings,

      I am a new published author of a dark, gothic, medieval, fantasy
      novel. Check out my website and let me know what you think of the
      site and the artwork. Please remember this is my first published
      work and my first website. I am trying this again.

      farewell, Rusty

      http://www.geocities.com/rustynugent/index.html
    • Sun Zi
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2004
        Welcome Rusty,

        That's a great site and artwork! Congratulations on the novel, it's
        a great achievement.

        Cheers
        Sun

        --- In Fantasy_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Rusty"
        <phantumwolf@y...> wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I am a new published author of a dark, gothic, medieval,
        fantasy
        > novel. Check out my website and let me know what you think of
        the
        > site and the artwork. Please remember this is my first
        published
        > work and my first website. I am trying this again.
        >
        > farewell, Rusty
        >
        > http://www.geocities.com/rustynugent/index.html
      • Shiwolf
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
          wrote:
          > Greetings,
          >
          > I am a new published author of a dark, gothic, medieval, fantasy
          > novel. Check out my website and let me know what you think of the
          > site and the artwork. Please remember this is my first published
          > work and my first website. I am trying this again.
          >
          > farewell, Rusty
          >
          > http://www.geocities.com/rustynugent/index.html

          Have you ever read Alice Bourchart? Anne Rice's sister? She wrote
          three books having to do with werewolves in Ancient Rome. The first
          novel was "The Silver Wolf." I need to give your book a try. IT
          sounds really cool. Where can we order it? Borders? I prefer
          Werewolf stories over Vampires if you ask me. I just watched a
          Chinese film last night called "The Vampire Killers" It was ok.
          Have any of you heard of it? The Script was eh but the fighting in
          Ancient China with swords and magic was pretty cool.
          Gilraen
        • Shiwolf
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
            wrote:
            > Greetings,
            >
            > I am a new published author of a dark, gothic, medieval, fantasy
            > novel. Check out my website and let me know what you think of the
            > site and the artwork. Please remember this is my first published
            > work and my first website. I am trying this again.
            >
            > farewell, Rusty
            >
            > http://www.geocities.com/rustynugent/index.html

            Oh Rusty, Welcome. Enjoy the group.
            Gilraen
          • Rusty
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
              --- Hi Gilraen,

              Yes, I've heard of the three books by Anne Rice's sister but have
              not read them. My book is not yet available as it is still in the
              publishing process. It will be distributed by Publish America
              through the below listed companies Barnes & Nobles, Waldenbooks,
              Amazon.com, and others. Below is a link to my website for my book.
              Come in, look around, leave a message. Here's the link:

              http://www.geocities.com/rustynugent/moonwarriors.html

              If you know anyone else who would be interested in this story,
              please send them a link to my webpage. I appreciate your interest
              and support.

              Sincerely,
              Rusty
            • ethiercn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
                In a message dated 2/4/2004 9:09:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, jdough1155 writes:
                > Have you ever read Alice Bourchart? Anne Rice's sister? She wrote
                > three books having to do with werewolves in Ancient Rome. The first
                > novel was "The Silver Wolf." I need to give your book a try. IT
                > sounds really cool. Where can we order it? Borders?

                The three books form a triology. The Silver Wolf is the best. The third book is bad, the second one is okay, not good, not bad. The problem with the third book is that it is very choppy, and offer glimpses more then a story.
                The Silver Wolf is excellent. There is also a werewolf character, I believe, in Bourchart's Arthur/Guenivere series.
                THere is a book out about wolves called The Sight. I did not like it because it was like the author's first novel but with wolves instead of deer, and the wolves didn't act quite right.

                Chris

                I prefer
                > Werewolf stories over Vampires if you ask me. I just watched a
                > Chinese film last night called "The Vampire Killers" It was ok.
                > Have any of you heard of it? The Script was eh but the
                > fighting in
                > Ancient China with swords and magic was pretty cool.
                > Gilraen

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • karl barnes
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
                  Has anyone read "Howling Mad" by Peter David? This is horror comedy novel that asks the question: What if a wolf was bitten by werewolf? It is a short book with some funny moments, but the final confrontation between the wolf and the werewolf weren't as satisfactory as it could have been. Still it is a fun little novel.