Narnia Rumour

  • Sun Zi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 20, 2004
      This is taken from the John Howe website, one of the artists
      involved with LOTR.......nice little piece of gossip (and a great
      website if you like fantasy drawings)

      http://www.john-howe.com/news/more.php?id=63_0_1_0_M2

      WHERE I TELL THE TRUTH*...
      ... The Whole Truth** and Nothing But The Truth***

      And, last but not least, for those of you who have been wondering
      how I manage to spend so much time getting so little done, I
      have a confession to make. Since last February, I haven't been
      very honest...
      Nearly a year ago, in the lobby of a hotel, a fellow walked up and
      said (what else?) "Excuse me, Mr. Alan Lee?" "No! I'm the other
      guy!" I shrieked, collaring him and banging his head repeatedly
      on the reception desk. I didn't actually do that, I probably
      mumbled something unitelligible as is my wont when faced with
      a chance to be witty, and when asked what I was doing in New
      Zealand, I foolishly replied I was working on a film project, but of
      course declined to say which one. End of conversation.
      The next day, a local newspaper ran an article "John Howe seen
      in the company of film-maker Andrew Adamson". Happily, local
      newspapers are by definition local, but so much for discretion...
      There you have it. From February through May I didn't do much
      else except work my fingers to the bone drawing lions, witches
      and wardrobes pretty much full time.
      And last but far from least, apologies to all those who asked if I
      had indeed stepped through the wardrobe, and to whom I either
      lied or artfully dodged the question. Sorry about that, I hope you'll
      forgive me. It won't happen again (until next time).
      Now that the production has moved to New Zealand I've
      wandered out of the wardrobe and shut the door carefully behind
      me. I can at last mention the project, but of course five months of
      hard sketching will have to wait for an eventual "Art of" book...

      *within reason
      **well, more or less
      ***objects in this mirror are closer than they appear
    • The Bohemian Piano
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2004
        If that's true, I wonder if they'll butcher them as much as another well
        known and loved series, which shall remain unnamed. It'll be interesting to
        find out if they decide to remove all the parts that teach children the
        basic idea of values. Or if these things are just not PC enough for the
        general public.....

        The Bohemian Piano
        ICQ 38606282