Dikes for Cthulhu

  • miscellanyoforchids
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Apparently women who read Call Of Cthulhu are all
      lesbians and dikes� how stupid is that? I was asked
      rather I was �into men� since I like the
      stories�what�s even scarier is I was asked if I was a
      fan or a follower�. Ummmm is there something I�m
      missing? We are talking about the H. P. Lovecraft
      books right? I mean they haven�t turned his stories
      into some bizarre L Ron Hubbard cult� no cult is not
      the right word� Have they turned H P Lovecraft into
      some bizarre fan fanatic group praising some
      fictional creature from the imaginary world of a
      human�. Oh lord! And I thought I was a nerd!

      Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      http://companion.yahoo.com/
    • Warren Ockrassa
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        On Dec 1, 2003, at 11:14 AM, miscellanyoforchids wrote:

        > Apparently women who read Call Of Cthulhu are all
        > lesbians and dikes
        > how stupid is that?

        Hadn't heard that particular one. In the 1970s (I believe) there was a
        college fad for a while: "Campus Crusade for Cthulhu". It was making
        fun of the "Campus Crusade for Christ", which had the slogan "I found
        it." The Cthulhu version's slogan was "It found me."

        I also knew a guy who insisted that any woman who refused to have sex
        with him must be a Lesbian. (Until I knew him I really didn't know
        there were seriously such men walking the earth.) Since at the time I
        was self-orienting as gay, I reasoned that I must be straight, since I
        didn't want to sleep with him either.

        People get strange ideas. I wouldn't worry too much about anyone who
        puts too much weight on either Cthulhu or sexual orientation of others
        based on extremely limited psychological data.

        There is a(n) RPG called "Call of Cthulhu", and it's in the D&D vein.
        Dice, a "Keeper" (nee dungeon master), players, and general carnage.
        CofC is a little different from D&D in that players also have *sanity*
        points, and if you lose too many of them at once facing some nether
        terror, you're catatonic, possibly out of the game for "years", or you
        might just get eaten or carried off to the Plateau of Leng or some
        such.

        > what’s even scarier is I was asked if I was a
        > fan or a follower
        > . Ummmm is there something I’m
        > missing? We are talking about the H. P. Lovecraft
        > books right? I mean they haven’t turned his stories
        > into some bizarre L Ron Hubbard cult

        Ha, that's a funny idea. Instead of Scientology and E-Meters, we have
        Shub-Niggurathology? And an N-meter? (Necronomicon, of course!)

        Remember that there are gullible people everywhere who will believe
        *anything*, particularly if it smacks of the supernatural, and most
        especially if there's a flavor of the demonic. Add to the "devil
        worship" mix a hint of sexual "perversity" and you have a recipe
        guaranteed to get religious fundamentalists (as a rule the most
        gullible when it comes to believing in outre cults) lo most uptight
        indeed.

        Or perhaps someone was just yanking your chain.

        > Oh lord! And I thought I was a nerd!

        Don't worry. You still are. ;)

        Warren Ockrassa | nw-ebooks@... Publisher, nightwares eBooks
        A division of | http://www.nightwares.com/ebooks/
        nightwares LLC | http://www.nightwares.com/
      • I am a gothic chipmunk
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          You wanna hear something stupid in the same category? I was at a local bar
          drinking a dackery and talking to a friend about Magick's Pawn. Some dork
          came over and started to tell me that I'd go to hell because I was gay.
          According to some logic .. I never took the class where this was tought ..
          but if you drink daceries and since the main character in Magick's Pawn is
          gay .. I then must be gay. I have gay friends my gf isbi, I have slept in
          the same bed as my best friend .. who is male but I am not into guys.

          Stupidity abounds.

          Rick
          On Dec 1, 2003, at 11:14 AM, miscellanyoforchids wrote:

          > Apparently women who read Call Of Cthulhu are all
          > lesbians and dikes
          > how stupid is that?

          Hadn't heard that particular one. In the 1970s (I believe) there was a
          college fad for a while: "Campus Crusade for Cthulhu". It was making
          fun of the "Campus Crusade for Christ", which had the slogan "I found
          it." The Cthulhu version's slogan was "It found me."

          I also knew a guy who insisted that any woman who refused to have sex
          with him must be a Lesbian. (Until I knew him I really didn't know
          there were seriously such men walking the earth.) Since at the time I
          was self-orienting as gay, I reasoned that I must be straight, since I
          didn't want to sleep with him either.

          People get strange ideas. I wouldn't worry too much about anyone who
          puts too much weight on either Cthulhu or sexual orientation of others
          based on extremely limited psychological data.

          There is a(n) RPG called "Call of Cthulhu", and it's in the D&D vein.
          Dice, a "Keeper" (nee dungeon master), players, and general carnage.
          CofC is a little different from D&D in that players also have *sanity*
          points, and if you lose too many of them at once facing some nether
          terror, you're catatonic, possibly out of the game for "years", or you
          might just get eaten or carried off to the Plateau of Leng or some
          such.

          > what's even scarier is I was asked if I was a
          > fan or a follower
          > . Ummmm is there something I'm
          > missing? We are talking about the H. P. Lovecraft
          > books right? I mean they haven't turned his stories
          > into some bizarre L Ron Hubbard cult

          Ha, that's a funny idea. Instead of Scientology and E-Meters, we have
          Shub-Niggurathology? And an N-meter? (Necronomicon, of course!)

          Remember that there are gullible people everywhere who will believe
          *anything*, particularly if it smacks of the supernatural, and most
          especially if there's a flavor of the demonic. Add to the "devil
          worship" mix a hint of sexual "perversity" and you have a recipe
          guaranteed to get religious fundamentalists (as a rule the most
          gullible when it comes to believing in outre cults) lo most uptight
          indeed.

          Or perhaps someone was just yanking your chain.

          > Oh lord! And I thought I was a nerd!

          Don't worry. You still are. ;)

          Warren Ockrassa | nw-ebooks@... Publisher, nightwares eBooks
          A division of | http://www.nightwares.com/ebooks/
          nightwares LLC | http://www.nightwares.com/

        • Lightning
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2003
            I know. Stupidity definitely abounds. This stupid kid at school started preaching at me because I was dressed up in Hogwarts robes for school spirit day. A few days later in the cafeteria he tried to cut in line, and said he was looking for his contact lens; then he said he doesn't have contacts.

            Lightning

            On Dec 1, 2003, at 11:14 AM, miscellanyoforchids wrote:

            > Apparently women who read Call Of Cthulhu are all
            > lesbians and dikes
            > how stupid is that?

            Hadn't heard that particular one. In the 1970s (I believe) there was a
            college fad for a while: "Campus Crusade for Cthulhu". It was making
            fun of the "Campus Crusade for Christ", which had the slogan "I found
            it." The Cthulhu version's slogan was "It found me."

            I also knew a guy who insisted that any woman who refused to have sex
            with him must be a Lesbian. (Until I knew him I really didn't know
            there were seriously such men walking the earth.) Since at the time I
            was self-orienting as gay, I reasoned that I must be straight, since I
            didn't want to sleep with him either.

            People get strange ideas. I wouldn't worry too much about anyone who
            puts too much weight on either Cthulhu or sexual orientation of others
            based on extremely limited psychological data.

            There is a(n) RPG called "Call of Cthulhu", and it's in the D&D vein.
            Dice, a "Keeper" (nee dungeon master), players, and general carnage.
            CofC is a little different from D&D in that players also have *sanity*
            points, and if you lose too many of them at once facing some nether
            terror, you're catatonic, possibly out of the game for "years", or you
            might just get eaten or carried off to the Plateau of Leng or some
            such.

            > what's even scarier is I was asked if I was a
            > fan or a follower
            > . Ummmm is there something I'm
            > missing? We are talking about the H. P. Lovecraft
            > books right? I mean they haven't turned his stories
            > into some bizarre L Ron Hubbard cult

            Ha, that's a funny idea. Instead of Scientology and E-Meters, we have
            Shub-Niggurathology? And an N-meter? (Necronomicon, of course!)

            Remember that there are gullible people everywhere who will believe
            *anything*, particularly if it smacks of the supernatural, and most
            especially if there's a flavor of the demonic. Add to the "devil
            worship" mix a hint of sexual "perversity" and you have a recipe
            guaranteed to get religious fundamentalists (as a rule the most
            gullible when it comes to believing in outre cults) lo most uptight
            indeed.

            Or perhaps someone was just yanking your chain.

            > Oh lord! And I thought I was a nerd!

            Don't worry. You still are. ;)

            Warren Ockrassa | nw-ebooks@... Publisher, nightwares eBooks
            A division of | http://www.nightwares.com/ebooks/